Lantus and Victoza drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lantus and Victoza together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lantus and Victoza. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,916 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 13, 2017
1,916 people who take Lantus, Victoza are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Lantus and Victoza?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLantus and Victoza from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lantus has active ingredients of insulin glargine recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Lantus 107,049 users)
Victoza has active ingredients of liraglutide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Victoza 26,439 users)
Interactions between Lantus and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Victoza and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lantus and Victozaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Lantus (insulin glargine recombinant) is often used to treat type 2 diabetes. Victoza (liraglutide) is often used to treat type 2 diabetes. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lantus is used in:
- Victoza is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- HI My mom started Victoza 3 weeks ago and started having intermittent nighttime chills. She is also on Metformin. Do you recommend that she continue Victoza or stop it?for how long can she expect the symptoms
- Does anyone else have experience of large 'boil' type spots in the groin and on the pubis? Also swelling of the clitoris? Very painful, I have been trying to medicate with Clitmazole and Hydro 1% but is not working
- Hi, has anyone had an increase in their heart rate(tachycardia) since starting to take Victoza
- A bad fall in 2006. Required pain management MRIS, numerous tests and a cervical and lumbar surgery in 2007 to correct. Two Rear end car accidents while I was at a stop light. One in 2011 and one in 2015. I already had spinal stenosis and degenerative disc desease genetically passed on. Problems ...
- I was taking Victoza and developed heart flutters, palpitations. I was taking the drug for 4 months. I have stopped the drug, 3 weeks ago. I am still having flutters. How long will this continue?
User reviews to the study
- Even my endocrinologist does not know why I am depressed on Victoria. This is some no joke depression and so bummed because this drug is amazing at keeping my sugars in total control. Has anyone found out medically why it causes depression?
- I've just started using victosa and from day one I've been experiencing a lot of palpations throughout the day and at night time. I was wondering if this is a common side effect and are there any more I should be aware of. Thank you in advance for any info. ..on this topic Mary H.
- I am having serious hair loss.... from really thick, wavy and silky hair to very thin (some bald areas) and a totally different texture (looks like its burnt or like straw)... Have been to 2 different doctors and 2 dermatologists to no avail... the last one said i have Androgen Alpecia... I ...
- I have been on victoza now for about 5 months and have been having a lot of hair loss. Has anyone else had this issue and is there anything to help?
- New to the group. Type 2 diagnosis 6 months ago. I am experiencing severe inner breast pain and skin sensitivity, strong constipation and some itching mostly on my back . Recently switched to Metformin Osmotic 1000 ER twice a morning from 500 ER twice a day, glimepiride 2 mg once daily, and ...