Lariam and Elavil drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lariam and Elavil together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lariam and Elavil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 13, 2017
18 people who take Lariam, Elavil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Lariam and Elavil?
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLariam and Elavil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lariam has active ingredients of mefloquine hydrochloride. It is often used in malaria. (latest outcomes from Lariam 3,078 users)
Elavil has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Elavil 15,225 users)
Interactions between Lariam and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Elavil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lariam and Elavila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Lariam (mefloquine hydrochloride) is often used to treat malaria. Elavil (amitriptyline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lariam is used in:
- Elavil is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- how long for Elavil to clear my system after stopping it?
- Have been on ami since March started out at 5mg and worked up to 25mg. I also take clonzaepam, I have anxiety and they are trying to wean be off the clon using the ami. I have still some dizziness and at times wake up with burning n the upper arms. Is that the ami or anxiety.
- I want to get off of Elavil, I have been taking it 100mg every night for sleep for over 10 years. How long do I have to wait for it to get out of my system before I start taking Gaba?
- Can Xyrem cause Progressive supranuclear Palsy symptoms? i.e parkinsonism And temporal lobe epilepsy
- I took six courses of lariam 3 months ago. So, I haven't taken any for 6 week. I've noticed I am losing a lot of hair,. My question is- is this permanent or will hair regrow?
User reviews to the study
- I started amitriptyline 10 days ago for neuropathy and have had excessive sweating and hot flushes--does it lessen over time?
- Hello. I took lariam while in Somalia for 9 months and have had this dark rash ever since. I'm trying to get pictures and testimonies from people with the same issue. Thanks. Travis
- On Levoquin for bronchitis and on 2nd night develped severe plantar facitis and extremely stiff neck. It has kep me awake because the pain is so bad. Today is day 3 and IM nervous to even take it.
- Hi, I've been taking amitriptyline to help my pain from rheumatoid arthritis for a couple of months now. My pain level has decreased by 85-90 percent! But I'm experiencing 2 side effects; burning tongue and insomnia. I was taking trazodone for my insomnia but my Dr told me to stop, that the ...
- I've been taking Elavil for 40 years and am now 73 yo. In the last 8 years I've been losing a lot of hair and wondering if Elavil is causing it.