Lariam and Restoril drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lariam and Restoril together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lariam and Restoril. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 13, 2017
17 people who take Lariam, Restoril are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Lariam and Restoril?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLariam and Restoril from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lariam has active ingredients of mefloquine hydrochloride. It is often used in malaria. (latest outcomes from Lariam 3,078 users)
Restoril has active ingredients of temazepam. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Restoril 10,337 users)
Interactions between Lariam and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Restoril and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lariam and Restorila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Lariam (mefloquine hydrochloride) is often used to treat malaria. Restoril (temazepam) is often used to treat insomnia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lariam is used in:
- Restoril is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- It took the doctors years to diagnose me with lupus. I have always had low platelets. *Cannot take aspirin; or anti-inflammatories: I take pain medications for bulging disks; migraines frequently; and have had (5)five infusions of IVIG. Now I will be trying this new drug, called "Promacta." ...
- I took six courses of lariam 3 months ago. So, I haven't taken any for 6 week. I've noticed I am losing a lot of hair,. My question is- is this permanent or will hair regrow?
User reviews to the study
- Hello. I took lariam while in Somalia for 9 months and have had this dark rash ever since. I'm trying to get pictures and testimonies from people with the same issue. Thanks. Travis
- Ive lost weight in the past month. I think it's because of restoril. Has anyone been on this for a long time and experience the same thing?
- I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes four years ago. I sometimes take temazepam for help with insomnia. The next morning, my blood sugar is usually about 20 points higher than usual. Has anyone else experienced this?
- I had never had severe ocd till I took Lariam 20 years ago. Within weeks of starting it, I had to see a psychologist because the ocd had become so bad that I was severely depressed and life seemed meaningless. This drug should definitely be banned! I stopped taking the drug and largely recovered ...
- I took what I'm pretty sure was Larium when I was in the Marine Corps between 1990 and 1994. I was in Korea, Desert Storm and Cuba. I've had many of the side effects except the psychosis.