Levaquin and Valtrex drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Levaquin and Valtrex together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Levaquin and Valtrex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 643 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 21, 2017
643 people who take Levaquin, Valtrex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Levaquin and Valtrex?
Levaquin has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Levaquin 40,204 users)
Valtrex has active ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride. It is often used in genital herpes. (latest outcomes from Valtrex 23,446 users)
Interactions between Levaquin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Valtrex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Levaquin and Valtrexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Levaquin (levofloxacin) is often used to treat sinusitis. Valtrex (valacyclovir hydrochloride) is often used to treat herpes zoster. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Levaquin is used in:
- Valtrex is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Is burning Sensation a rare side effect of Valtrex? I have been taking everyday for years.
- I'm a 15 post liver transplant female taking Rapamune and now have shingles. My PCP prescribed Valtrex and capsaicin, what are the drug interactions, and can the two lead to liver or renal failure.
- Foot, leg, and ankle swelling after taking Valtrex
You may be interested in these reviews
- Hi my name is Ramona I'm 43 yrs old I recently was told by my doctor that I have Bilateral pneumonia, and I started antibiotics yesterday the symptoms from it make me very anxious I think the worst
- Hello, I found this group while researching side effects of Levaquin. I started taking Levaquin and Cipro in 1999-2010. It wasn't until 2014 when I realized several issues I'd been dealing with were from taking these medications, who would have known or considered these meds to be the root ...
- I have end stage renal disease and was prescribed a dose of valtrex to fight a shingles/herpes outbreak. The dose prescribed was 1 gram 3x per day. I was only able to follow the prescription for 3.5 days as my kidney function caused the valtrex to build up in my system. I became psychotic and ...
- I was just diagnosed with Trigeminal neuralgia. The doctor put me on a 7 day count of predisone and valacyclovir hcl 1(which I guess is Valtrex). Is it normal to get alittle bit of diarrhea and sleepy on these? I am only a mild case right now of this Trigeminal Neuralgia and want to go the right ...
- I had a left vestibular schwannoma removed last September. I took levaquin and cipro back in 2008. I have also developed small fiber neuropathy that has led to a lot pain and life changes. Hoping to find others to talk to.