Levaquin and Valtrex drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Levaquin and Valtrex together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Levaquin and Valtrex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 840 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 14, 2017
840 people who take Levaquin, Valtrex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Levaquin and Valtrex?
Levaquin has active ingredients of levofloxacin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Levaquin 38,218 users)
Valtrex has active ingredients of valacyclovir hydrochloride. It is often used in genital herpes. (latest outcomes from Valtrex 22,181 users)
Interactions between Levaquin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Valtrex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Levaquin and Valtrexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Levaquin (levofloxacin) is often used to treat sinusitis. Valtrex (valacyclovir hydrochloride) is often used to treat herpes zoster. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effecitve is it:
- Levaquin is used in:
- Valtrex is used in:
Can you answer these questions?
- Is burning Sensation a rare side effect of Valtrex? I have been taking everyday for years.
- I'm a 15 post liver transplant female taking Rapamune and now have shingles. My PCP prescribed Valtrex and capsaicin, what are the drug interactions, and can the two lead to liver or renal failure.
- Foot, leg, and ankle swelling after taking Valtrex
You may be interested in these reviews
- My alkaline phosphatas (sp) levels have been high for about a year. I was treated with cipro and levoquin for diverticulitis. Would love to hear from others with this outcome after taking these meds.
- I took generic Flomax for about a week and experienced muscle aches and a headache or two, but not much of a problem until I learned that one of the side effects is dizziness and another one is fainting. So I stopped taking it. Now my MD has put me on Levaquin (generic) for the next three ...
- I have an ongoing eye infection a Herpes type and as a result every now and again ?I have to take Valacyclovir. Before Christmas I was involved in a RTA and broke my leg. The upshot of that was a I now have a DVT in my right leg. The break has almost healed but I'm left with a rather ...
- Hi I'm rich c 49 and am taking 500 ml of valtrex 2x daily and I'm thinking of taking turmeric for joint pain I'd like to know what symptoms you all may have come across? Thank you
- I feel my my memory is getting worse. I have a hard time finding words, remembering events, retaining focus and thoughts. I mentioned this to my doctor and she didn't feel it was of any concern. I am only 37 I don't feel I should be having these issues. I'm really concerned. I keep telling my ...