Lexapro and Geodon drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lexapro and Geodon together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lexapro and Geodon. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 859 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 02, 2017
859 people who take Lexapro, Geodon are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Lexapro and Geodon?
Lexapro has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Lexapro 57,435 users)
Geodon has active ingredients of ziprasidone hydrochloride. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Geodon 17,824 users)
Interactions between Lexapro and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Geodon and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lexapro and Geodona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Lexapro (escitalopram oxalate) is often used to treat depression. Geodon (ziprasidone hydrochloride) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lexapro is used in:
- Geodon is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I just started Lexpro 5 days ago. I was suffering from general anxiety and social anxiety. I am taking 10 MG daily and am suppose to up my dose to the 20 MG on day 7. I take it around 6pm every night. I have not been feeling myself since starting it. I feel very zombified and my emotions are ...
- I just started it almost a month and a half ago, but it's really helping my depression and I don't want to stop and wait and try other medications, but I've started having dermatillomania and not being able to sleep at night. Is this something I can wait out and try to control or should I find ...
- They recovered from Crohns and surgery, still had cfs chronic fatigue for years, and now are told they have symptoms of dry macular degeneration. Could wheat proteins ATI (amylase trypsin inhibitors) help with their ...
- I had my dose of lexapro increased from 15 mg. to 20 mg. After which I started having extreme restlessness, high levels of anxiety, bad thoughts of hopelessness and acute depression. I was given cogentin to stop the moving and restlessness but it's not really working.
- I take 10 MG of Lexapro a day. Xanax as needed. I drug tested via swab last week and it came back positive for meth and amphetamines. Neither have i ever used in my life. The only other drug I took was a Zytrec D. I am baffled and need answers
You may be interested in these reviews
- My husband asked his doctor for Lexapro for situational stress. His territory was half the country but the company fired the other person and he was handling all of it. Then his boss retired and he took on his responsibilities. He had a physical on April 19th and told the doctor he had stress ...
- taking both for acute reflux flareup and long standing treatment of depression which is well managed on lexapro brand name. Do not feel well since starting zantac this week. mild nausea, intestinal discomfort and overall odd feelings.
- I have been suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder for about 10 years. I took many antidepressants and other psychiatric medicines. I am willing to get rid of these drugs. Right now I am taking Escitalopram 5mg+clonazepam 0.5 mg at night. Recently a homeopath suggested me to take ...
- I have just been taken off Zanax and put on Serax. I also take 20mg of lexapro. I am concerned that these drugs will interact. I haven't made the switch yet. Please help....I don't know what to do.
- Hi, I've been on geodon for 3 days and im having heart palpitations. Does the mean I have to stop taking it? It is working for me and I want to keep taking it.