Lexapro and Zyrtec drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lexapro and Zyrtec together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lexapro and Zyrtec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,489 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 17, 2017
1,489 people who take Lexapro, Zyrtec are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Lexapro and Zyrtec?
Lexapro has active ingredients of escitalopram oxalate. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Lexapro 54,205 users)
Zyrtec has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Zyrtec 48,929 users)
Interactions between Lexapro and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Zyrtec and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lexapro and Zyrteca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Lexapro (escitalopram oxalate) is often used to treat depression. Zyrtec (cetirizine hydrochloride) is often used to treat hypersensitivity. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effecitve is it:
- Lexapro is used in:
- Zyrtec is used in:
Can you answer these questions?
- I just started Lexpro 5 days ago. I was suffering from general anxiety and social anxiety. I am taking 10 MG daily and am suppose to up my dose to the 20 MG on day 7. I take it around 6pm every night. I have not been feeling myself since starting it. I feel very zombified and my emotions are ...
- I just started it almost a month and a half ago, but it's really helping my depression and I don't want to stop and wait and try other medications, but I've started having dermatillomania and not being able to sleep at night. Is this something I can wait out and try to control or should I find ...
- I had my dose of lexapro increased from 15 mg. to 20 mg. After which I started having extreme restlessness, high levels of anxiety, bad thoughts of hopelessness and acute depression. I was given cogentin to stop the moving and restlessness but it's not really working.
- Dystonia on the right hand, could this be linked? I am taking Xyzal on a daily basis, is there some better antihistaminic?
- I take 10 MG of Lexapro a day. Xanax as needed. I drug tested via swab last week and it came back positive for meth and amphetamines. Neither have i ever used in my life. The only other drug I took was a Zytrec D. I am baffled and need answers
You may be interested in these reviews
- I took Zyrtec for 4 days, and started feeling heart pondering. Now I have stopped taking Zyrtec. Would the heart pondering stop after few days ?
- I was just prescribed Lexapro due to my depression and axienty. I thought my depression was because needing to increase my synthroid dosage but my levels seem good.
- I have been on Lexapro approximately 10-11 years. Recently, I tried to gradually wean myself from Lexapro and developed a somewhat serious tremors in my right hand/arm. I went back to my regular dosage and have remained there, and the tremors have almost disappeared. Anyone else experience ...
- my eye pressure has been up and down for about a year. I am always taking Zyrtec_D - and now the doctor has put me on singular. Anyone else having the same problems ? Eye doctor keeps monitoring for Glaucoma and no one in the family has ever had Glaucoma.
- My Mom who is approximately 74 ,has Chronic Kidney disease, COPD ,congestive heart failure, Thyroid removed,and depression. She has taken Plavix for years since her heart attack with no adverse effects but approximately 2 months ago ,while in the hospital,she was given LEXAPRO. She was rushed to ...