Lithium carbonate and Lamictal drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lithium carbonate and Lamictal together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lithium carbonate and Lamictal. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,161 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 14, 2017
1,161 people who take Lithium carbonate, Lamictal are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Lithium carbonate and Lamictal?
Lithium carbonate has active ingredients of lithium carbonate. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Lithium carbonate 18,559 users)
Lamictal has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Lamictal 57,272 users)
Interactions between Lithium carbonate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Lamictal and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lithium carbonate and Lamictala b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Lithium carbonate (lithium carbonate) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Lamictal (lamotrigine) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lithium carbonate is used in:
- Lamictal is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Hi, Im 55 years old and have been taking lamictal for 5 years plus at 300 mg per day dosage as a mood stabiliser. During the past two years or so I have developed progressive iron deficiency and a drop in haemoglobin to the point where it has now started affecting me. While my physician has ...
- I used lamotrigine for 5 years for epilepsy and experienced extensive night sweat which increasee with dosage. Quit approx 2 years ago and are still having regular episodes with night sweats, up to months before getting better for a short period of time. The smell is very distinctive and reminds ...
- Hi. I ended up being hospitalized after one month being on wellbutrin sr. I became so psychotic and manic. I was paranoid to the max. I have never had any symptoms like this in my entire life. has anyone heard of someone going through something like this after taking wellbutrin sr?
- Hello, I need to know for people with epilepsy who take vimpat is it possible for the psychotic disorder to appear gradually? The person I am talking about is 31 and she is also in the period of depakine withdraw. I don t know if I should take her for psyhiatric treatement or try to reduce ...
- Hello,I'm Silvia Ramakers and i live in the netherlands. I have Gorlin probably since i was about 15 (diagnosed at older age,i'm almost 50 now btw). Had many BCC's through the years. But why i'm writing (and i hope anybody can help because i'm desperate) is that since a while i have more and ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- Trying to reduce Cholesterol, With Lithium. But Scared, Just recently took Niacin prescribed by doc and it washed my meds out of system. He refuses that Niacin was the cause. I have proof it did. Now Im afraid to even take supplements. Trying to reduce by food. Tumeric is on the list on my new ...
- I've taken Lamictal/Lamitragine for about 15 years. I've had chronic fatigue syndrome for 4+ years. I have no idea if they're related.
- Dear All, I take Lithium Carbonate (750 mg/day) and started to have Vitiligo on my face couple years ago. I gave birth in 2014, since than the Vitiligo specially on my cheek got worse. I would like to know more about Vitiligo and if there is a connection to Lithium, it would be also ...
- I am on lamictal 100 mg for bipolar. My appetite has increased and I've gained 7 pounds. I recently started taking adipex. When I mentioned this to my physiatrist she immediately told me to stop cause it would counteract with each other. Is anyone taking lamictal and adipex and if so, how's it ...
- Am I going crazy? I took 300 milligrams of lithium today and later went up the stairs twice..omg!! shortness of breath horrible....took it very many years ago ..same thing???happen.?