Loratadine and Benadryl drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Loratadine and Benadryl together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Loratadine and Benadryl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 451 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 12, 2017
451 people who take Loratadine, Benadryl are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Loratadine and Benadryl?
Loratadine has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Loratadine 21,180 users)
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Benadryl 47,702 users)
Interactions between Loratadine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Benadryl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Loratadine and Benadryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Loratadine (loratadine) is often used to treat hypersensitivity. Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat hypersensitivity. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Loratadine is used in:
- Benadryl is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I had cough, runny nose and slight fever a week back. So after 2 days I took Benadryl. One day after taking Benadryl I noticed loss of smell and most of the taste (can't notice much other than sweet......I don't notice even very spicy food now.) Since 3 days I am trying steam, salt water ...
- Dystonia on the right hand, could this be linked? I am taking Xyzal on a daily basis, is there some better antihistaminic?
- I recently received a false posative hair stat with grave consequences. I was hoping someone could help
- I took them together and I want to know is that why I'm having diarrhea.
- I've had PBC for 24 years, but am experiencing itching for the first time. Loratadine10 mg seems to help for about 12 hours, although it says to take only 1x/day. Does anyone have a similar experience or advice? Thanks!
You may be interested in these reviews
- Have taken over-the- counter loratadine 10mg periodically (not every day) for probably over 10 years during high seasonal allergy seasons or when working in situations were dust, fumes or grass/tree/pollen would cause allergies or sinus infections. It works great for reducing allergy symptoms. ...
- I have been taking Benadryl for several years for allergy. I also have taken large doses of it over a few years when I had anaphylactic shock from a cancer pill. After getting off the cancer pill, it took a few years to get over the severe allergic reactions. It was during this time that my ...
- I stopped taking Claritin once the rash appeared on my forearms. But that was two weeks ago. I have been using a hydrocortisone cream for the itching. Does anyone know how long the rash lasts? And do you know any better cures?
- Everytime I take benadryl.. I bleed! I have a birth control rod in my arm just replaced about 7mths ago so going on 4yrs on this type of b.c. guess I should not take benadryl. They have no warning about bleeding while on birth control on the package but should be making America aware by labels!!
- Anybody know if benadryl is rough on the endocrine system? I have issues with an adrenal gland but I cannot find any information about this! It helps me get restful sleep but I'm a bit worried about trying to use this long term!