Losartan and Amlodipine drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Losartan and Amlodipine together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Losartan and Amlodipine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,517 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 22, 2017
7,517 people who take Losartan, Amlodipine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Losartan and Amlodipine?
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLosartan and Amlodipine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Losartan 59,765 users)
Amlodipine has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Amlodipine 116,736 users)
Interactions between Losartan and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Amlodipine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Losartan and Amlodipinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Amlodipine (amlodipine besylate) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Losartan is used in:
- Amlodipine is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- My husband began taking amlodipine after he had raised blood pressure due to a blocked bladder. Since beginning about 5 weeks ago, he has developed tics which have become quite severe. He dropped the dose to 2.5 mg twice daily. His blood pressure has been consistently around 120/75. Has ...
- I've had Wegeners since 2003--13 years--and have used imuran for 11. I have neuropathy, bone spurs, and arthritis in my feet that are so painful, at times I feel like I can't walk any more. My rheumatologist just brushed me off by saying he'd raise my imuran to 100 mg and if that didn't help ...
- 69 year old female been taking Losartan for 9 months and have developed extreme dry mouth. Have discontinued for over a month but the dry mouth still persists. Will it ever go away?
- I started with double vision and my vision has got gradually worse to the point I can only see a few feet in front of me.
- I'm a male that is almost 73 years old. I've been on Ambien for almost three months. About 20 days ago I started experiencing feeling hot in the head and shoulders. At first these hot feelings would start in the middle of the afternoon and end in the early evening. But now they sometimes start ...
User reviews to the study
- Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
- I have used losartan by 3 years and since one year a go I got neuropatiia peripheryc but my doctors do not find the cause I Take to hidrocloratizida 20 mgs a Day
- Hi, I was on amlodopine for blood pressure reduction and now have oedema in one leg and cellulitis, which seems to be made worse by the swelling. Getting fed up with it!
- I am 57 yo MaleI just started taking Amlodipine for high blood pressure and i want to continue use of Nugenix for my wowrkouts, any suggestions
- Hi, just recently started taking losartan 50mg. Worked great 45 days in then the bottom fell out. Dr. added Carvedilol 6.25mg 2 tablets per day. 2 days in my BP shot to 220/110. In ER! Dehydrated! Bloodwork before and after a bag of saline via IV. Kidneys fine! Now on losartan 50mg in ...