Losartan and Benadryl drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Losartan and Benadryl together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Losartan and Benadryl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 518 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 21, 2017
518 people who take Losartan, Benadryl are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Losartan and Benadryl?
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Losartan 56,079 users)
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Benadryl 47,702 users)
Interactions between Losartan and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Benadryl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Losartan and Benadryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Benadryl (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) is often used to treat hypersensitivity. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Losartan is used in:
- Benadryl is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I had cough, runny nose and slight fever a week back. So after 2 days I took Benadryl. One day after taking Benadryl I noticed loss of smell and most of the taste (can't notice much other than sweet......I don't notice even very spicy food now.) Since 3 days I am trying steam, salt water ...
- I took them together and I want to know is that why I'm having diarrhea.
- I've had Wegeners since 2003--13 years--and have used imuran for 11. I have neuropathy, bone spurs, and arthritis in my feet that are so painful, at times I feel like I can't walk any more. My rheumatologist just brushed me off by saying he'd raise my imuran to 100 mg and if that didn't help ...
- 69 year old female been taking Losartan for 9 months and have developed extreme dry mouth. Have discontinued for over a month but the dry mouth still persists. Will it ever go away?
- Want to know if any connection between UTI and taking Benadryl.
You may be interested in these reviews
- I have been taking Benadryl for several years for allergy. I also have taken large doses of it over a few years when I had anaphylactic shock from a cancer pill. After getting off the cancer pill, it took a few years to get over the severe allergic reactions. It was during this time that my ...
- Hi, just recently started taking losartan 50mg. Worked great 45 days in then the bottom fell out. Dr. added Carvedilol 6.25mg 2 tablets per day. 2 days in my BP shot to 220/110. In ER! Dehydrated! Bloodwork before and after a bag of saline via IV. Kidneys fine! Now on losartan 50mg in ...
- Was diagnosed in 2004 with cerebellar ataxia. I have been taking Los art an for several years. Last week, my neurologist started me on citalopram 10 mg. The side effects freaked me out so now taking half dose of 5 mg. My BP is 140-150+ over 80. I've been taking citalopram and Losartan at same ...
- I have been getting low fever and feelings like I have the flu late in the evening before bedtime. Does any other losartan users have these symptoms?? I take my losartan about 7 hours prior to the feelings>
- Hello, I have been taking Losartan and Indapanide for the past few weeks. I am suffering quite bad balance problems and wondering if these meds cause it. Doc has taken me off indapanide now and review is in two weeks. I am afraid to continue with Losartan as well and am considering going back ...