Losartan and Grapefruit drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Losartan and Grapefruit together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Losartan and Grapefruit. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in essential hypertension. (latest outcomes from Losartan 49,068 users)
Grapefruit has active ingredients of grapefruit. (latest outcomes from Grapefruit 170 users)
On Feb, 06, 2017
4 people who take Losartan, Grapefruit are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
- drug ineffective
- feeling hot
Most common drug interactions by age *:
- drug ineffective
- intraocular pressure increased
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Losartan and Grapefruit?
Interactions between Losartan and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Grapefruit and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Grapefruit (grapefruit) is often used to treat acne. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effecitve is it:
- Losartan is used in:
Can you answer these questions?
- I've had Wegeners since 2003--13 years--and have used imuran for 11. I have neuropathy, bone spurs, and arthritis in my feet that are so painful, at times I feel like I can't walk any more. My rheumatologist just brushed me off by saying he'd raise my imuran to 100 mg and if that didn't help ...
- 69 year old female been taking Losartan for 9 months and have developed extreme dry mouth. Have discontinued for over a month but the dry mouth still persists. Will it ever go away?
- I have stopped taking Losartan 2 weeks ago, but my hair is still falling out in gobs. When will this stop?
- I'd like to know the facts about l-lysine and LOSARTAN taking at the same time. Any threats?
- After drinking my medication plus vytorin i experience a strong dry mouth condition. Is this normal?
You may be interested in these reviews
- I have been diagnosed as having Dermatitis Herpetiformis (DH), a reaction to Gluten. GI doctor performed test and they all are inconclusive, as were the dermatology tests. All inconclusive including the results of the Celiac blood panel. I have been gluten-free for months now, yet still have ...
- My husband is taking Losartan and Coreg for a weak heart. It is also for high blood pressure which he has never had. His BP is always normal to a little low. Since taking these 2 meds along with Plavix, Lasix and Digoxin, he has started having seizures which causes about 20 minutes of sobbing ...
- Hi, I am using Losartan since long, have developed neurological symptoms since four years without any obvious cause according to the neurologist, there is no documented published study about such side effects of Losartan so physicians don't attribute these side effects to Losartan, but to me, ...
- My hair is so thin now really bad on sides what can I do to stop the thinning and shredding my hair looks bad and that's make me feel so sad.
- I am prone to side effects. I tried 7 other meds for HBP and Losartin was the most manageable. I take 3 pills a day. I have experienced pain upon chewing medium to hard food on lower right side for several months. I explored stones and TMJ with 2 dentists, my primary and a 2 ENTs. Nothing showed ...