Losartan and Spironolactone drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Losartan and Spironolactone together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Losartan and Spironolactone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,839 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 16, 2017
1,839 people who take Losartan, Spironolactone are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Losartan and Spironolactone?
Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Losartan 56,079 users)
Spironolactone has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Spironolactone 47,349 users)
Interactions between Losartan and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Spironolactone and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Losartan and Spironolactonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Spironolactone (spironolactone) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Losartan is used in:
- Spironolactone is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I've had Wegeners since 2003--13 years--and have used imuran for 11. I have neuropathy, bone spurs, and arthritis in my feet that are so painful, at times I feel like I can't walk any more. My rheumatologist just brushed me off by saying he'd raise my imuran to 100 mg and if that didn't help ...
- 69 year old female been taking Losartan for 9 months and have developed extreme dry mouth. Have discontinued for over a month but the dry mouth still persists. Will it ever go away?
- I have read that Epleronone is an alternative, but my endocrinologist thinks it's less effective to control Conns and keep my hypertension down. However, I read that it doesn't elevate cortisol levels, while Spironolactone does. Any thoughts or ideas please?
- How long does it take to lose weight after quiting spironolactone?
- I have stopped taking Losartan 2 weeks ago, but my hair is still falling out in gobs. When will this stop?
You may be interested in these reviews
- Hi, just recently started taking losartan 50mg. Worked great 45 days in then the bottom fell out. Dr. added Carvedilol 6.25mg 2 tablets per day. 2 days in my BP shot to 220/110. In ER! Dehydrated! Bloodwork before and after a bag of saline via IV. Kidneys fine! Now on losartan 50mg in ...
- I take 2 spironolactone per day since Feb. It has helped to balance my blood pressure. The only ptoblem is, dry throat. This is particularly hard for me because I am a musical performer and teacher. I sing 3 hours per day on the average and I'm 60 years old. I want to keep my voice...and I like ...
- Was diagnosed in 2004 with cerebellar ataxia. I have been taking Los art an for several years. Last week, my neurologist started me on citalopram 10 mg. The side effects freaked me out so now taking half dose of 5 mg. My BP is 140-150+ over 80. I've been taking citalopram and Losartan at same ...
- one of my close relative female at the age 50 takes spironolactone since a long time.. recently she got pre diabetic. control the diabetic she takes Metformin.. need some information about how safe taking this to meditation. also, what is the good time to take them? is this 2 medication interact ...
- I am a 45 year old female experiencing breast tenderness, bruxism, and severe headaches. Been taking spiralactone for approximately 8 months for hormonal acne. I would like to stop the medication to see if the teeth clenching and headaches go away. I am also getting a custom night guard made to ...