Lovastatin and Questran drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lovastatin and Questran together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lovastatin and Questran. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 18, 2017
7 people who take Lovastatin, Questran are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Lovastatin and Questran?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLovastatin and Questran from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lovastatin has active ingredients of lovastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lovastatin 20,151 users)
Questran has active ingredients of cholestyramine. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from Questran 2,775 users)
Interactions between Lovastatin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Questran and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lovastatin and Questrana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Lovastatin (lovastatin) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Questran (cholestyramine) is often used to treat diarrhea. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lovastatin is used in:
- Questran is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I need to hydrate through the night to sleep. On bad nights I sleep about 3 hrs and cannot get back to sleep for 3 hrs. During this time I drink water and urinate several times. Only then can I return to sleep. My urine is pale, not dark, yet there is a clear connection as evidenced by high ...
- Has anyone had experience with stopping the Lovastatin? Does the diplopia go away? If so, how long does it take?
- Am i the only one with this problem? I have had a multitude of problems before taking this med (seizure depression migraine liver and kidney, but all were being managed) ive been started on lovastatin and the has been a noticed (by me and my family) an increase in anger and aggression, and the ...
- I have the usual symptoms of BPH which were are relieved and made tolerable by the drugs. I have been taking Flomax for several years. Recently Finasteride was added to improve the urninary stream flow. I have ED. I would like to drop the Flomax. I am worried also about taking both drugs.
- The second asprin touched my mouth my breathing stopped. I spit the asprin out. Never been so frightened. Extremely sore throat. Went to the ER. My vitals were good. I was given a GI cocktail to sooth throat and told to try Motrin, Excedrin or other over the counter pain meds instead of ...
User reviews to the study
- I am very unmotivated , lethargic, and wondering if anyone else feels the same. Also are we certain that the high ldl's are really dangerous, I have heard different theories on it being inherited.
- Two years ago I developed leg lymphedema following a radical hysterectomy, lymph node removal, and radiation for Uterine cancer. I am now 57 and cancer free but Lymphedema runs my life with several hours of required daily therapy and treatments. Although Lymphedema is not part of the ...
- Hello, I'm thinking of taking Garcinia Cambogia to lose weight only I take a statin called Lovastatin only I'm afraid there might be serious side effects. Anybody know if it's ok to use while on this medication? Thanks in advance. Marie
- My 86 year old mother-in-law began taking Lovastatin about a month and a half ago. About 3 weeks ago, she started hearing music then it progressed to voices. Then the voices began talking about her, threading to come to her house. Now the male voice says he's going to come kill her. I'm ...
- i am taking Lovastatin for about a month.. my tinnitus is so bad i cant sleep... is there any help out there.. i am going to get off the drug.... i am desperate.