Lovenox and Flagyl drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Lovenox and Flagyl together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lovenox and Flagyl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 725 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
725 people who take Lovenox, Flagyl are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Lovenox and Flagyl?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLovenox and Flagyl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Lovenox has active ingredients of enoxaparin sodium. It is often used in deep venous thrombosis. (latest outcomes from Lovenox 29,275 users)
Flagyl has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from Flagyl 16,343 users)
Interactions between Lovenox and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Flagyl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Lovenox and Flagyla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Lovenox (enoxaparin sodium) is often used to treat deep venous thrombosis. Flagyl (metronidazole) is often used to treat crohn's disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lovenox is used in:
- Flagyl is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I started taking lovenox about 6 weeks after a major surgery. Two weeks after taking the lovenox I started smelling this strange odor. It smelled like eggs that had been cooked hard in a lot of garlic. I actually thought my daughter had prepared my eggs with garlic. But it wasn't long before ...
- Last night I took excedrine migraine with flagyl, I woke up a couple hours later with severe abdominal pain, vomiting, a worsened headache, severe nausea, dizziness, vertigo, and I also couldn't walk straight, I was wobbly. It was also hard for me to stay awake. Biggest mistake of my life, I ...
- I have been on Lovenox injections for six weeks. I am now experiencing a decrease in my urine output. I drank a gallon of water today and that doesn't seem to have made an increase in urine output. Where is all of it going? Don't have any swelling anywhere, yet.
- Scan shows I have an incomplete abortion Ihave been given the above drugs I want to know if the above drugs can be taken together.
- Took flagyl by mouth 400mg 3xday, began to have tiny air bubbles escaping from urethra, as well as urine leakage. It all started with the flagyl.
User reviews to the study
- Having surgery and two days now blood sugar is 40 taking flagyl and cipro for abscess infection. I was not told that both medications will cause these side effects.
- I took shots of Lovenox for a month after surgery and experienced hair loss. I think the hairloss has stopped but not sure what to expect. Is this temporary - will the hair likely grow back?
- My symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis started just 3 days after finishing a course of Flagyl and I believe I may be actually suffering from serum sickness from the drug. Wondering if confirming that would change the course of treatment that I am receiving for RA or not. And how would I be tested ...
- I'm about to begin an intensive 3 month treatment using a powerful THC/CBD mixture administered by suppository. I am in Livonia for my Pancreatic cancer to prevent clots. Need any info or advice I can get as it sounds like these two don't fair well together. Thanks!
- hi there,i was diagnosed with micro colitis about two years ago and ive always had a theory that it was something i had taken that had caused it as i was fine for 36 years previous,i had an ankle fusion and was given clexane (enoxaparin the same ingredient as in lovenox) after the op to stop ...