Macrobid and Cipro drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Macrobid and Cipro together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Macrobid and Cipro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
30 people who take Macrobid, Cipro are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Macrobid and Cipro?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMacrobid and Cipro from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Macrobid has active ingredients of nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Macrobid 5,409 users)
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 6,052 users)
Interactions between Macrobid and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Cipro and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Macrobid and Ciproa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Macrobid (nitrofurantoin; nitrofurantoin, macrocrystalline) is often used to treat urinary tract infection. Cipro (ciprofloxacin) is often used to treat urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Macrobid is used in:
- Cipro is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- can ciprofloxacin side effects lead to lost of body weight ?
- I am a 45 yr old female recently diagnosised with Relapsing Polychondritis. I have used cipro as my primary antibiotic for ear and sinus infections since 2008 and occasionally used before then. Reaching out to see if any other's have had RP diagnosised after regularly using Cipro. By ...
- Hello, I'm a 63 y/o female who decided to wean off morphine (my decision) which was prescribed for post op (lobectomy of right lung) pain. I sustained nerve damage in surgery but am thankfully cured. Under Pain Management Doc care I am taking Clonidine and Morphine 15mg IR tabs. I'm just ...
- I am wondering why you changed your website. I used to love seeing the graphs regarding a symptom and a drug. I am an RN and geriatric acre manager and I used to find your former website very helpful. The new one is not intuative and not nearly as helpful.
- I started taking cipro for a uti and the two nights I took it I had sleep paralysis. Do you think this is she to the meds ? I haven't had this happen before besides once when I was 22. Does anyone know anything about this?
User reviews to the study
- Is it safe to take acyclovir and macrobid pr together. I am taking acyclovir for genital herpes type 1 and macrobid for a urethritis.
- Hello! My father 79 years old took ciprofloxacin about 1,5 years ago for urinary infection reason and after the first pills he started feeling Bradykinesia, instability etc. He was just checked by neurologist and he informed us that he has parkinsonism syndrom. Please inform me if the specified ...
- I had a uti and was prescribed macrobid and upon taking my second pill I had an anaphylactic reaction. My tongue, throat and face swelled, I had extreme itching in the palms of my hands and soles of my feet. I went to the ER.
- I am experiencing my second bout of dermographism. The first one was six years ago after a urinary tract infection and being on macrobid. I didn't know until this past July when I developed another urinary tract infection and was put on it again, that this was the common denominator. It has been ...
- I was put on Cipro back in December 2016 for a UTI, diagnosed at the ER as I thought I had another kidney stone. Within a week I developed ringing in the ears. I saw my PA and she informed me that Cipro could cause the ringing and it may or may not go away. My experience is that it is not going ...