Malarone and Ginkgo biloba drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Malarone and Ginkgo biloba together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Malarone and Ginkgo biloba. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1 person who the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 27, 2017
1 person who takes Malarone, Ginkgo biloba are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Malarone and Ginkgo biloba?
Malarone has active ingredients of atovaquone; proguanil hydrochloride. It is often used in malaria. (latest outcomes from Malarone 2,673 users)
Ginkgo biloba has active ingredients of ginkgo. It is often used in memory loss. (latest outcomes from Ginkgo biloba 1,281 users)
Interactions between Malarone and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Ginkgo biloba and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Malarone and Ginkgo bilobaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Malarone (atovaquone; proguanil hydrochloride) is often used to treat malaria. Ginkgo biloba (ginkgo) is often used to treat memory loss. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Malarone is used in:
- Ginkgo biloba is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I take Valproate Sodium 450 mg daily. Ihad no epileptic attact for 20 years.
- I take Plaquenil for Lupus. I will travel to Tanzania and need to take a preventive antimalaria. I need to use Malarone since the malaria parasite is resistant to Plaquenil. Should I stop taking Plaquenil while I take Malarone? or should I take both at the same time?
You may be interested in these reviews
- hi.. im on high dosage itraconazole treatement. i'm going to nigeria in a few weeks and will be there for about a month. appreciate if you can share if you had exprienced any side effects taking itraconazole and malarone together..
- My daughter is being Medically evacuted from Ghana with what I believe are horrible side effects to Malarone.
- Just completed course of malarone and developed pericarditis with chest pain and atrial fibrillation within 10 days. I have taken malarone every year for past ten years during humanitarian trips to Rwanda. Never had any other than some GI side effects.
- Hello, I am actually joining on behalf of my father who is considering taking Ginkgo Biloba while he is on Xarelto. I just want to chat with a few people here to find out their experiences taking both at the same time so we can decide if this is something he should try. Any advice/comments you ...
- I am currently taking 60 mg of brilinta twice a day and would like to take a supplement called Ultra H-3 which has gingko biloba as an ingredient. Has anyone taken these two substances together and had any adverse effects. Or has anyone had to alter the recommended dosages in order to take ...