Meclizine and Promethazine drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Meclizine and Promethazine together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Meclizine and Promethazine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 245 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 17, 2017
245 people who take Meclizine, Promethazine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Meclizine and Promethazine?
Meclizine has active ingredients of meclizine hydrochloride. It is often used in dizziness. (latest outcomes from Meclizine 10,082 users)
Promethazine has active ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. (latest outcomes from Promethazine 9,310 users)
Interactions between Meclizine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Promethazine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Meclizine and Promethazinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Meclizine (meclizine hydrochloride) is often used to treat dizziness. Promethazine (promethazine hydrochloride) is often used to treat nausea. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Meclizine is used in:
- Promethazine is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Hello,I'm Silvia Ramakers and i live in the netherlands. I have Gorlin probably since i was about 15 (diagnosed at older age,i'm almost 50 now btw). Had many BCC's through the years. But why i'm writing (and i hope anybody can help because i'm desperate) is that since a while i have more and ...
- my husband passed away suddenly this passed friday of a cardiac. wondering is there could be any drug interaction that would have caused it.
- does meclizine have an interaction when on Warfarin?
- I am 34 and Yeats old I have trigeminal neuralgia. The bouts are debilitating. does anyone know if meclizine is related to try geminal neuralgia? I have read online that it can be associated with it.The medicines do not work for the trigeminal neuralgia. so I am afraid of what the next step is ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- I recentaly started antivert and been on depicote for a while would antivert and depicote make you extreamly dizzy
- Vimpat and meclazine. I have been taking Vimpat for many years, As you know, Vimpat causes dizziness. I almost have to stop Vimpat because the vertgo. I tried meclazine and it works, (125 mg tabs, 4 per day. I take fewer tabs, I have seizures. If I have a seizure someone in my household gives me ...
- Hi. Was on Amitriptyline for years and gain lots of weight. As replacement doctor prescribed Promethazine as medicine without weight gain side effect. Any body knows is it for better or for worse? Thank you for sharing your opinion With kind regards Casandra
- Someone very close to me is in the final stages of stage four prostate cancer and was recently switched from Zofran to the topical form of promethazine. Since I am the primary caregiver, I have noticed that each time he falls asleep since starting the promethazine his hands are constantly moving ...
- My doctor prescribed me Promethazine (together with vitamin D and some creams) as a cure for Vitiligo. On the other side I can read on interned that vitiligo might be a side effect of Promethazine. Should I continue taking Promethazine ?