Melatonin and Levothyroxine sodium drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Melatonin and Levothyroxine sodium together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Melatonin and Levothyroxine sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 227 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 22, 2017
227 people who take Melatonin, Levothyroxine sodium are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Melatonin and Levothyroxine sodium?
Melatonin has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Melatonin 11,378 users)
Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Levothyroxine sodium 77,719 users)
Interactions between Melatonin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Levothyroxine sodium and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Melatonin and Levothyroxine sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Melatonin (melatonin) is often used to treat insomnia. Levothyroxine sodium (levothyroxine sodium) is often used to treat hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Melatonin is used in:
- Levothyroxine sodium is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Recently, I fainted after taking 5mg of melatonin. Did I faint because I took too many mgs. Should I reduce mg or give it up altogether?
- Is anyone on here who is taking Venlafaxine and levothyroxine? I've just learnt recently about Ven interacting with my levothyroxine may be the reason I'm still feeling so unwell. Plus I have no thyroid after having total thyroidectomy for Graves' disease 4 years ago.
- Do you have any experience with melatonin therapy in acute Wrnicke encephalopathy?
- I was prescribed pantoprazole recently and I started taking it along with levothyroxine 30 minutes before eating or taking anything else. I have noticed that I am very sleepy and can sleep for most of the day and not have enough. Is it possible that the pantoprazole has made the ...
- my son who is 7 years old has svt and takes verampimil for svt i was wondering if it was safe for him to take melatonin
You may be interested in these reviews
- I have hypothyroidism and have experienced hearing loss in my right ear. I am researching to find out if the hearing loss is caused by the medicine treatment of my hypothyroidism.
- I have quite bad numbness and tingling in my right hand thumb and 1st & 2nd fingers. The tenderness makes it uncomfortable to play piano so I wear gloves. This symptom came on as I was tapering off prednisone this winter . GCA and Polymyalgia Originally Diagnosed Sept 2015. I take 75mcg ...
- I am a 64-year old male, and I have been on levothyroxine for years ( > 10), because I was developing a goiter. For many years now, I have also had difficulty achieving orgasm and ejaculation. I have no problem getting and keeping an erection for the entire time, but sometimes it takes as much ...
- Just want to know how long anyone was taking the leveothyoxine before the polymyalgia rheumatic began.
- I have been taking levothyroxine for years. I had no idea I had anything wrong with thyroid until I had an ultrasound two days ago. I have been having problems with severe fatigue and lightheadeness for four years but no one would send me to and endocrinologist as I suggested. Now I have been ...