Melatonin and Levothyroxine sodium drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Melatonin and Levothyroxine sodium together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Melatonin and Levothyroxine sodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 240 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 21, 2017
240 people who take Melatonin, Levothyroxine sodium are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Melatonin and Levothyroxine sodium?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMelatonin and Levothyroxine sodium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Melatonin has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Melatonin 12,274 users)
Levothyroxine sodium has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Levothyroxine sodium 78,963 users)
Interactions between Melatonin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Levothyroxine sodium and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Melatonin and Levothyroxine sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Melatonin (melatonin) is often used to treat insomnia. Levothyroxine sodium (levothyroxine sodium) is often used to treat hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Melatonin is used in:
- Levothyroxine sodium is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I’ve had undiagnosed right ear pain intermittently for some time without any diagnosis obtainable from ENT or medical Doctors. Took 10mg of Melatonin for sleep aid for first time last night. I awoke at 3am with a level 10+ right ear ache. I thought of an ER visit, but laid on my right ear ...
- Has anyone tried coCQ10 with effexor. I am just so tired every day. I take fish oil b vitimans. I was in accident and now my body is so tight and in pain trying electode therapy. Have nausea trying to taper effexor any advice helpful
- Recently, I fainted after taking 5mg of melatonin. Did I faint because I took too many mgs. Should I reduce mg or give it up altogether?
- Is anyone on here who is taking Venlafaxine and levothyroxine? I've just learnt recently about Ven interacting with my levothyroxine may be the reason I'm still feeling so unwell. Plus I have no thyroid after having total thyroidectomy for Graves' disease 4 years ago.
- Do you have any experience with melatonin therapy in acute Wrnicke encephalopathy?
User reviews to the study
- for years i took synthroid 100 and all was fine ' i started taking omeprazole prilocet and my thyroid test was bad 9.0 then i went on higher and higher synthroid im on 150 now and having all kinds of trouble i take my synthroid at 4 am and my priloset and 4 pm i think it is a 24 hour pill ...
- I am a caregiver for my mother who has cirrhosis and I am really thinking the medications she takes, and when they were taken improperly has something to do with her cirrhosis. I look forward to learning from you all
- I have hypothyroidism and have experienced hearing loss in my right ear. I am researching to find out if the hearing loss is caused by the medicine treatment of my hypothyroidism.
- I have quite bad numbness and tingling in my right hand thumb and 1st & 2nd fingers. The tenderness makes it uncomfortable to play piano so I wear gloves. This symptom came on as I was tapering off prednisone this winter . GCA and Polymyalgia Originally Diagnosed Sept 2015. I take 75mcg ...
- I am a 64-year old male, and I have been on levothyroxine for years ( > 10), because I was developing a goiter. For many years now, I have also had difficulty achieving orgasm and ejaculation. I have no problem getting and keeping an erection for the entire time, but sometimes it takes as much ...