Metformin and Aspirin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Metformin and Aspirin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Metformin and Aspirin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 27,499 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 14, 2017
27,499 people who take Metformin, Aspirin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Metformin and Aspirin?
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 198,499 users)
Aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Aspirin 306,248 users)
Interactions between Metformin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Aspirin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Metformin and Aspirina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Metformin (metformin hydrochloride) is often used to treat diabetes. Aspirin (aspirin) is often used to treat preventive health care. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Metformin is used in:
- Aspirin is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
- 10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
- Female aged 67 taking 100mcg levothyroxine daily for underactive thyroid plus daily aspirin for 4years. Recently prescribed formoterol fumarate inhaler (6 months ago) then Spiriva inhaler plus 40mg omeprazole a week ago. I booked a thyroid test 3 weeks ago because my under active symptoms ...
- The list of conditions and medications is not complete. I feel my immune system is very compromised and want some ideas on how to increase my immunity. I exercise on a regular basis, walk nearly every day, am trying to eat better, take vitamins etc, don't smoke or drink, go to doc and take their ...
- My naturopath says berberine mimics Metformin. I am currently in drug trial using Herceptin in low expressing HER2. I wonder if taking berberine would disqualify me from the trial. Any ideas?
You may be interested in these reviews
- I am losing my toes one at at a time. wondering if it is because of the use of metformin and glipizide.I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this.
- My lab work recently indicated that my carbon dioxide level is 32. I am diabetic (since 2006) and taking 500 milligrams of metformin daily.
- one of my close relative female at the age 50 takes spironolactone since a long time.. recently she got pre diabetic. control the diabetic she takes Metformin.. need some information about how safe taking this to meditation. also, what is the good time to take them? is this 2 medication interact ...
- Had moderate dry mouth prior to starting Metformin, but much worse and disabling (especially sleep-I'm exhausted) during the time that I have been taking 500 mg daily Metformin. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks. Steve
- I am a type 2 diabetic taking lantus (once a day), Atorvastatin 40mg (once daily), and metformin 500mg (two tabs twice daily with meals). [Also coreg and lisinopril for blood pressure]. I try to get out and walk. I play at golf and walk the course for 9 (and sometimes 18) holes twice a week when ...