Metformin and Kava drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Metformin and Kava together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Metformin and Kava. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1 person who the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 183,350 users)
Kava has active ingredients of kava. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Kava 69 users)
On Feb, 04, 2017
1 person who takes Metformin, Kava are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
- drug effect decreased
- drug effect delayed
Most common drug interactions by age *:
- drug effect decreased
- drug effect delayed
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Metformin and Kava?
Interactions between Metformin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Kava and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Metformin (metformin hydrochloride) is often used to treat diabetes. Kava (kava) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effecitve is it:
- Metformin is used in:
- Kava is used in:
Can you answer these questions?
- 10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
- The list of conditions and medications is not complete. I feel my immune system is very compromised and want some ideas on how to increase my immunity. I exercise on a regular basis, walk nearly every day, am trying to eat better, take vitamins etc, don't smoke or drink, go to doc and take their ...
- My naturopath says berberine mimics Metformin. I am currently in drug trial using Herceptin in low expressing HER2. I wonder if taking berberine would disqualify me from the trial. Any ideas?
- I just began taking Metformin 500mg 2 time per day. I am also taking fast acting Apidra insulin. I have not had diabetes for long only about 5 months. I was taking novomix 30/70 however, it wasn't working for spikes so i switched to the Apidra pen and Metformin. After being on this regime for ...
- I started taking this drug on Wednesday the 22nd. No symptoms, but today I'm experience very bad flank pain on one side. My wife is worried of course, and she googled Metformin and back pain, and there were quite a few posts about it. What do I do? I plan to call my doctor in the morning.
You may be interested in these reviews
- Metformin ruined my life. Premature ovarian failure after doctor prescribed Metformin to curb my cravings for carbs. At 38 years young I was suddenly post menopausal. I know it was the Metformin.
- I have chronic pancreatitis and am insulin dependent taking Metformin. I suspected that Metformin may be the cause but my endocrinologist says "no". There is no effect. I'm confused!
- Hi, Just found this and interested in telling everyone, after taking Metformin as prescribed 2x per day for 5 days, I was bedridden with Lupus and Polymyalgia Rheumatica ( PMR ) and now taking prednisone daily 20 mg, which seems to be killing me with side effects. I am reading everything I can ...
- Hi, Just found this and interested in telling everyone, after taking Metformin as prescribed 2x per day for 5 days, I was bedridden with Lupus and Polymyalgia Rheumatica ( PMR ) and now taking prednisone daily.I am reading everything I can about the connection with metformin, as prior to this I ...
- Newby to the group! Hello! Just want to be informed and up to date with any interactions of metmorfin and armour. 😊