Metformin and Marijuana drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Metformin and Marijuana together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Metformin and Marijuana. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 44 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 18, 2017
44 people who take Metformin, Marijuana are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Metformin and Marijuana?
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 198,499 users)
Marijuana has active ingredients of marijuana. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Marijuana 3,097 users)
Interactions between Metformin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Marijuana and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Metformin and Marijuanaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Metformin (metformin hydrochloride) is often used to treat diabetes. Marijuana (marijuana) is often used to treat drug abuse and dependence. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Metformin is used in:
- Marijuana is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I have VHL and I am not a marijuana user, as a matter of fact I am an American Veteran and a United States Marine. So I don't want a whole lot of bullshit about pot is a medicine and for lack of a better term "Stoner Logic" I am looking for stone cold facts and evidence as to the benefits of THC ...
- I have mornings where I would wake up noxious, I would throw up a yellowish liquid or the dinner I had If I had it pass 6 pm. Every time I feel like this I would want to smoke and instantly it'll go away especially my headaches. Am I making things better or worse ?
- My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
- I had rectal abscess that resulted to fistula about three months ago,does smoking marijuana have any further destructive effect pls advise. Thanks, Niggro.
- Does anyone else experience not only muscle spasms from Marijuana but also muscle stiffness and pain after the Marijuana wears off?
You may be interested in these reviews
- I've recently been diagnosed with bradycardia, osteoarthritis and depression. Am I making things worse by using medical marijuana for pain and anxiety. I take xanax, antidepressants (low dose) and pain killers. The marijuana really helps with the pain and anxiety but I'm worried that I'm making ...
- My lab work recently indicated that my carbon dioxide level is 32. I am diabetic (since 2006) and taking 500 milligrams of metformin daily.
- one of my close relative female at the age 50 takes spironolactone since a long time.. recently she got pre diabetic. control the diabetic she takes Metformin.. need some information about how safe taking this to meditation. also, what is the good time to take them? is this 2 medication interact ...
- Had moderate dry mouth prior to starting Metformin, but much worse and disabling (especially sleep-I'm exhausted) during the time that I have been taking 500 mg daily Metformin. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks. Steve
- Yes it can happen I did it and as a result I have really and totally stuffed up my stomach too the point where I'm so I'll it wasn't even worth it x