Metformin and Synthroid drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Metformin and Synthroid together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Metformin and Synthroid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,849 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 22, 2017
6,849 people who take Metformin, Synthroid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Metformin and Synthroid?
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMetformin and Synthroid from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 206,744 users)
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 149,656 users)
Interactions between Metformin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Synthroid and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Metformin and Synthroida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Metformin (metformin hydrochloride) is often used to treat diabetes. Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used to treat hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Metformin is used in:
- Synthroid is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- How does the reaction differ when metformin is used to treat polycystic ovarian syndrome?
- Is It ok To Take Apple Cider Vinegar When You Are Taking Synthroid ?
- My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
- 10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
- The list of conditions and medications is not complete. I feel my immune system is very compromised and want some ideas on how to increase my immunity. I exercise on a regular basis, walk nearly every day, am trying to eat better, take vitamins etc, don't smoke or drink, go to doc and take their ...
User reviews to the study
- Hi, 50 year old male, typically excellent health. Triglyceride levels throughout my life have always been
- I have had prostate cancer since 2008 and use various Chinese herbs and CF IP6 & Inositol. Now I find out that I have hypothyroidism - and probably have had it for decades! I am taking levothyroxine .075mg. Internet re thyroid warns against green vegetables, etc, and internet re prostate ...
- hello i was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and have been on Metformin 500 mg for a month already and I also take Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg and lately i have been experiencing a lot of stomach problems, diarrhea and nausea. could it be the med? Just checking if its normal. that's all. ...
- Combination working for you? Had good results with Garcinia and went off it when I started taking Metformin. What to try again.. good move or not?
- I am losing my toes one at at a time. wondering if it is because of the use of metformin and glipizide.I am curious if anyone else is experiencing this.