Methotrexate and Milk thistle drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Methotrexate and Milk thistle together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Methotrexate and Milk thistle. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 72 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 07, 2017
72 people who take Methotrexate, Milk thistle are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Methotrexate and Milk thistle?
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate 226,881 users)
Milk thistle has active ingredients of milk thistle. It is often used in fatty liver. (latest outcomes from Milk thistle 1,775 users)
Interactions between Methotrexate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Milk thistle and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Methotrexate and Milk thistlea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Milk thistle (milk thistle) is often used to treat liver disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Methotrexate is used in:
- Milk thistle is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I started a low dose (10 mg) of methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis last week and noticed this week, after taking my second does, that my face is breaking out. Does anyone have any similar experiences? I also take 5 mg of folic acid daily. Thanks for any help you can offer up.
- Not sure what where to go with this. I have fibromyalgia and relapsing polchondritus also a disability from va.. I have my flares mostly under control. As well as what to do when they become apparent. After many years on pharmaceuticals I went a different direction. With medical marijauna. ...
- Hi there, My names Adele I am 41 and have RA. I had my Gall Bladder removed in March of this year due to stones and constant infections. 2 years ago I stopped taking MTX subcutaneous and unfortunately my RA has progressed to a point I have (today) re-started these. I have headache, nausea and ...
- Several years ago in 2013 I was"diagnosed" with RA. I went through every medication including, humira, embral, to now IV fusions of remicade which has been almost a year. I am not feeling any better and body aches and joint pains getting worse. I started researching my symptoms and lyme kept ...
- This is for my father. Shortly after starting methotrexate injections and cortisone for Rheumatoid arthritis my father started having language difficulties and now has dementia. He was diagnosed with Pick's disease. Could it be caused by these drugs? He is still taking them.
You may be interested in these reviews
- I am 72 year old woman about to Take 12.5 mg of methotrexate once week and 40 mg of Lipitor daily . Anyone have side effects from this dosage?
- Just started Xeloda one week ago. Can I continue taking milk thistle? (have metastatic breast cancer with extensive tumours in liver)
- I have been taking sertraline In all for about 4 years I stopped for a few months and went back to square one with anxiety attacks so been taking them from then on I want to start taking milk thissel which I took one yesterday am am not sure if it was just coincidence but felt very anxious today ...
- Hi there, I have advanced RH, no medications for over past 12 years. Had an extreme flare up a few months back so went to rheumatologist who has prescribed 10 mg methotrexate, weekly and daily palquil, 5mg prednisone and 2x weekly folic acid. I have been on them nearly 3 months now. This ...
- Just came off methotrexate as it doesn't make me feel the same as I was before taking it! Also current urine infections