Methotrexate and Tylenol drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Methotrexate and Tylenol together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Methotrexate and Tylenol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,908 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 16, 2017
3,908 people who take Methotrexate, Tylenol are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Methotrexate and Tylenol?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMethotrexate and Tylenol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate 234,878 users)
Tylenol has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Tylenol 94,113 users)
Interactions between Methotrexate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Tylenol and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Methotrexate and Tylenola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Methotrexate is used in:
- Tylenol is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Hi, I started on methotrexate approx 2mths ago to help with my rheumatoid condition Ankylosing Spondylitis. I also take Sulphasalazine and pre gabalin and have done since diagnosis 2.5yrs ago. Since starting in the methotrexate I have started to suffer with some unpleasant symptoms around ...
- I was diagnosedwith the ankylosing spondylitis gene ( forget the code ) at age 41 and had alot of wear in hips and back but no fusion as of now. They were eager to put me on humira and said i was a perfect candidate but i resisted because they said if your planning to get wife prgnant not to ...
- I started a low dose (10 mg) of methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis last week and noticed this week, after taking my second does, that my face is breaking out. Does anyone have any similar experiences? I also take 5 mg of folic acid daily. Thanks for any help you can offer up.
- Not sure what where to go with this. I have fibromyalgia and relapsing polchondritus also a disability from va.. I have my flares mostly under control. As well as what to do when they become apparent. After many years on pharmaceuticals I went a different direction. With medical marijauna. ...
- Hi there, My names Adele I am 41 and have RA. I had my Gall Bladder removed in March of this year due to stones and constant infections. 2 years ago I stopped taking MTX subcutaneous and unfortunately my RA has progressed to a point I have (today) re-started these. I have headache, nausea and ...
User reviews to the study
- I've noticed that I get frequent bouts of A. Fib when I take acetaminophen regularly, even when it is just an ingredient such as in Excedrin.
- I have always suffered from headaches. I had colitis so I was limited to taking Tylenol. the last year or so my headaches have gotten worse so I increased the Tylenol. my potassium readings are going up. 2 different doctors dispute the fact that Tylenol can raise your potassium. I am at my ...
- It's been years since I've taken Methotrexate and when I was taking it years ago I had the numbness in my feet. Years later, it has returned and they're not sure what is the reason for my neuropathy. This time it's also in my hands. I took it for arthritis but now the military and the VA are ...
- Hi everyone. I've been on methotrexate for about 10 years for psoriatic arthritis. My friends and family think it's funny how I'm always sweaty and hot when everyone else is comfortable or even cold. I, however, do not find it so funny that while sitting at a restaurant I start literally ...
- I am 72 year old woman about to Take 12.5 mg of methotrexate once week and 40 mg of Lipitor daily . Anyone have side effects from this dosage?