Metoprolol succinate and Simvastatin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Metoprolol succinate and Simvastatin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Metoprolol succinate and Simvastatin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,795 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 24, 2017
2,795 people who take Metoprolol succinate, Simvastatin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Metoprolol succinate and Simvastatin?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMetoprolol succinate and Simvastatin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Metoprolol succinate has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Metoprolol succinate 26,079 users)
Simvastatin has active ingredients of simvastatin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Simvastatin 149,078 users)
Interactions between Metoprolol succinate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Simvastatin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Metoprolol succinate and Simvastatina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Metoprolol succinate (metoprolol succinate) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Simvastatin (simvastatin) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Metoprolol succinate is used in:
- Simvastatin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I take 300 mg of milk thistle once a day at noon and take simvastatin 10 mg once a day in evening at about 10 pm
- I was put on simvastatin in June 2017. Aug 25 2017 I woke up with double vision. Had Ct scan, MRI w/contrast, ultrasound of corodid artery and several blood tests all came back fine stopped simvastatin but still have diplopia how long will it last. Saw ophthalmologist also.
- My girlfriend has been taking metoprolol for awhile now. she also has anxiety so she is also taking xanax. she is always concerned about what she puts into her body because she is scared it will effect her heart and start having heart palpitations. she is wanting to work out more and start ...
- Has anyone experienced shaking leg while taking Simvastatin?
- 9.7 % eosinophils blood percentage (relative) Have gerd and ibs and I take cholesterol med and metoprolol from heart...worried about elevated wbc
User reviews to the study
- I have been experiencing breast pain and tenderness for a couple of years sporadically and it is really getting me down. I have previously sought treatment to rule out breast cancer Andy all tests have previously come back clear. I have been taking Simvastatin and a previous cholesterol drug ...
- I have taken Flecanide Acetate 50 mg twice a day about a year and a half ago. discontinued 1 month in as thought it might be causing dizziness. Now just started Flecanide today 50mg twice a day and take metoprolol succ ER 25 mg in morning and 12.5 in evening. Nervous about the combination of ...
- I been taking simvastatin 40 mg for aprox 3 yrs. Have very bad ear ringing. It seems as if i am loosing my hearing . I cant hear people tgat yalk in low piych tone of voice.
- I have taken 80 mg. of Simvastatin since my open heart surgery in 2001. My rectal bleeding started 1 1/2 years ago when a Doctor prescribed Naproxen - that was followed by massive rectal hemorrhaging. My Doctor immediately stopped use of Naproxen, all aspirin and Simvastatin, and the bleeding ...
- I was prescribed the Metoprolol by my doctor and after taking it for about a week I had a bad nose bleed in the middle of the night. I thought it was just a fluke but now a few days later I've had another nosebleed. Any suggestions on how I can stop this until I can get in to see my doctor?