Metronidazole and Diflucan drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Metronidazole and Diflucan together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Metronidazole and Diflucan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 384 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 12, 2017
384 people who take Metronidazole, Diflucan are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Metronidazole and Diflucan?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMetronidazole and Diflucan from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Metronidazole has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from Metronidazole 23,756 users)
Diflucan has active ingredients of fluconazole. It is often used in vaginal yeast infection. (latest outcomes from Diflucan 21,703 users)
Interactions between Metronidazole and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Diflucan and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Metronidazole and Diflucana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Metronidazole (metronidazole) is often used to treat infection. Diflucan (fluconazole) is often used to treat fungal infection. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Metronidazole is used in:
- Diflucan is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have several canker sores in my mouth now, and today my doctor prescribed 20 (2x day) 500mg Metronidazole for a sinus bacterial infection. Is it OK to start this medicine before the canker sores heal or will it make the canker sore worse? Should I delay starting this medicine or perhaps not ...
- Having problems with low potassium, but haven't taken the drug in 3 weeks. Can it possibly still be the cause?
- severe coughing with phlegm, low grade fever,lot of difficulty breathing
- In 2003 I had unprotected sex with a lady , very second day found lesion on penos globe . Intially it was diagnosed as herpes but afterwards it was diagnose as fungal infection. Niw it recurrent every after 6 months or year. Itchy groin and some times tonsils . I fill some virus have adaptes in ...
- Have glaucoma and want to make sure metronidazole will not make it worse
User reviews to the study
- I have been taking metradonizole for a tooth infection which I have just had extracted. Now my ear on the other side feels completely bunged up and fuzzy, especially when I stand up. Feeling nervous
- I was prescribed both meds and I ended up in the Emergency room twice. I passed out in a grocery store & at physical therapy. I have to see a cardiologist because my hart rate is very high. Is There anything I need to watch out for?
- I took this pill because of a dental problem for only 3 days. 125mg. Not only did it destroy my stomach but it put me into arrhythmia which I had never had in my life before. I had to call an ambulance because of the severe stomach pain it caused me. I was in a fetal position for a day despite ...
- Just started taking cephalexin and metronidazole, prescribed to me to treat SIBO and leaky gut. I'm supposed to take both pills every 8 hours for 10 days. My insurance refused to cover the better treatment, so they prescribed these to antibiotics. I'm concerned about side effects and my health.
- I was prescribed metro pills for bv. I broke out in a bad rash all over my body a day after i finished my medication and my right foot is swollen. Im scared & idk what to do.