Modafinil and Alcohol drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Modafinil and Alcohol together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Modafinil and Alcohol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 14, 2017
2 people who take Modafinil, Alcohol are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
6 - 12 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Modafinil and Alcohol?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeModafinil and Alcohol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Modafinil has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. (latest outcomes from Modafinil 6,532 users)
Alcohol has active ingredients of alcohol. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Alcohol 7,141 users)
Interactions between Modafinil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Alcohol and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Modafinil and Alcohola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Modafinil (modafinil) is often used to treat narcolepsy. Alcohol (alcohol) is often used to treat suicide attempt. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Modafinil is used in:
- Alcohol is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I have been battling alcoholism for many years. I have tried quitting on my own and rehab but am to the point apparently my body can't handle just stopping. It is apparent that my body is dependent on it now because I have drank for so many years. I recently lost a friend mainly due to abruptly ...
- What and when and what dose you all have been try with modafinil...
- Hi, i was wondering does anyone else have notice that they cant really drink alot of alcohol even 1 or 2 can cause a severe hangover? Is this because of the syndrome? thanks.
- ER two mornings in a row on vacation. Now I'm scared to drive or even be alone. Basically what has happened is i've lost consciousness and can't be aroused. These are not quick faints; I'm out for 30-40 minutes I've had such episodes every two years or so for about twenty years but now they're ...
- Hi I'm 53 I've been using Modafinil for a few years , generally using at a high dose (misuse) . I have normally had solid libido . But over the past year its evaporated . I've supplemented with erectile medications but its still not satisfactory . I was looking for others experience to gauge ...
User reviews to the study
- I've had a 2-3 beers after lidocaine injections at the dentist's for about 50 years and have never had a reaction of any kind.
- When you take high does of modafinil with any other combination it's gives you conjection in upper aur path way Wait for withdrawal of drug and then it will be fine. It a side effect so reconsider the does of drug . I hope that helps
- I often have episodes of dysphagia after drinking too much. I have been a moderate to heavy drinker for over 20 years. I worry about Barrett's Esophagus. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
- I just starting taking Modafinil and a few days late my lymph nodes in my neck got swollen. I was taking 200 MG at a a time because I couldn't feel the effects in smaller doses. Actually still didn't feel the effects. What do I do besides not taking it anymore?
- whenever i drink i yawn uncontrollably and i don't know why. i don't would like to understand the reason why but can't find answers. please help me it would be very appreciated. thank you. :)