Mucinex and Dimetapp drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Mucinex and Dimetapp together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Mucinex and Dimetapp. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 17, 2017
3 people who take Mucinex, Dimetapp are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Mucinex and Dimetapp?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMucinex and Dimetapp from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 13,074 users)
Dimetapp has active ingredients of brompheniramine maleate; phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Dimetapp 4,616 users)
Interactions between Mucinex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Dimetapp and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Mucinex and Dimetappa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Mucinex (guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Dimetapp (brompheniramine maleate; phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride) is often used to treat nasopharyngitis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Mucinex is used in:
- Dimetapp is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- My husband at age 59 has had one for 6 months. He is not adjusting well. Any advise
- Took 1/2 of a 600mg Mucinex for 4 days straight. Developed severe back pain. It's been 5 days now. It's somewhat better but not much. Wondering how long the pain usually last?
- I have had a total of 4 doses of Mucinex due to a bad cold and cough. I started having an issue swallowing which really concerned me. Took a drink of water to make sure my throat wasn't closing up and was ok.. But after taking my last dose (every 4 hour dose) and started having trouble ...
- Is it safe to mix children's mucinex night time and delsym dm?
User reviews to the study
- For months I have been looking for a solution to getting rid of gas and/diarrhea while taking Mucinex. I discovered it's related to diet. Milk, sugar, and starchy foods seem to cause the issues. I was stunned to discover that I can't tolerate milk, candy/cake and corn anymore, but I have to take ...
- I had very high liver enzymes on a recent physical and the only OTC I have been taking is Mucinex for allergies.
- I started taking Guafenison 600 mg 3 times a day. This is not the longer acting Mucinex 12 hour stuff, but a cheaper brand i found online that was much more cost effective. It seems like since i started twking this 3 times a da, im urinating 3-5 times a night and hence cannot get a full night ...
- Nasal drip is awful. I can't clear my throat. I am not sure if I can use mucinex while I use Suboxone.
- ER yesterday with severe abdominal pain with back pain and nausea. Have dbeen taking Mucinex for a couple of weeks for allergies. ER diagnosed diverticulitis (clear colonoscopy less than 6-months ago). Prescribed Cipro and flagyl.