Mucinex and Insulin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Mucinex and Insulin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Mucinex and Insulin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 59 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 23, 2017
59 people who take Mucinex, Insulin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Mucinex and Insulin?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMucinex and Insulin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 13,074 users)
Insulin has active ingredients of insulin pork. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Insulin 22,779 users)
Interactions between Mucinex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Insulin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Mucinex and Insulina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Mucinex (guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Insulin (insulin pork) is often used to treat diabetes. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Mucinex is used in:
- Insulin is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- My husband at age 59 has had one for 6 months. He is not adjusting well. Any advise
- My husband has been on Lantus Insulin for 1 yr. About two months into taking the medication he started with delusions and paranoid behavior. It has since increased to a point of severely effecting our relationship and marriage. Has they been any significant links to taking insulin and ...
- Took 1/2 of a 600mg Mucinex for 4 days straight. Developed severe back pain. It's been 5 days now. It's somewhat better but not much. Wondering how long the pain usually last?
- I have had a total of 4 doses of Mucinex due to a bad cold and cough. I started having an issue swallowing which really concerned me. Took a drink of water to make sure my throat wasn't closing up and was ok.. But after taking my last dose (every 4 hour dose) and started having trouble ...
- Is it safe to mix children's mucinex night time and delsym dm?
User reviews to the study
- For months I have been looking for a solution to getting rid of gas and/diarrhea while taking Mucinex. I discovered it's related to diet. Milk, sugar, and starchy foods seem to cause the issues. I was stunned to discover that I can't tolerate milk, candy/cake and corn anymore, but I have to take ...
- New to the group. Type 2 diagnosis 6 months ago. I am experiencing severe inner breast pain and skin sensitivity, strong constipation and some itching mostly on my back . Recently switched to Metformin Osmotic 1000 ER twice a morning from 500 ER twice a day, glimepiride 2 mg once daily, and ...
- Hello, I am taking insulin along with met. since 1 week. I am feeling a mild chest pain especially in the morning.
- hi all just joined this group and wanted to share this.i am 60years old male and live in ireland,i am type 2 diabetic 22 years last 8 years on nova mix 30 and rapid when things get bad,after about 3/4 weeks of starting insulin i started having very bad shortness of breath/choaking feeling and a ...
- I had very high liver enzymes on a recent physical and the only OTC I have been taking is Mucinex for allergies.