Mucinex and Nyquil drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Mucinex and Nyquil together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Mucinex and Nyquil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 41 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 08, 2017
41 people who take Mucinex, Nyquil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Mucinex and Nyquil?
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 12,636 users)
Nyquil has active ingredients of acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine. It is often used in common cold. (latest outcomes from Nyquil 659 users)
Interactions between Mucinex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Nyquil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Mucinex and Nyquila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Mucinex (guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Nyquil (acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine) is often used to treat nasopharyngitis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Mucinex is used in:
- Nyquil is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- My husband at age 59 has had one for 6 months. He is not adjusting well. Any advise
- Took 1/2 of a 600mg Mucinex for 4 days straight. Developed severe back pain. It's been 5 days now. It's somewhat better but not much. Wondering how long the pain usually last?
- I have had a total of 4 doses of Mucinex due to a bad cold and cough. I started having an issue swallowing which really concerned me. Took a drink of water to make sure my throat wasn't closing up and was ok.. But after taking my last dose (every 4 hour dose) and started having trouble ...
- Is it safe to mix children's mucinex night time and delsym dm?
You may be interested in these reviews
- I had very high liver enzymes on a recent physical and the only OTC I have been taking is Mucinex for allergies.
- I started taking Guafenison 600 mg 3 times a day. This is not the longer acting Mucinex 12 hour stuff, but a cheaper brand i found online that was much more cost effective. It seems like since i started twking this 3 times a da, im urinating 3-5 times a night and hence cannot get a full night ...
- My wife is 37 and has no risk factors for a stroke. She took NyQuil for three nights in a row for a virus causing congestion problems and had a massive stroke. Has anyone experienced a stroke while taking NyQuil?
- Nasal drip is awful. I can't clear my throat. I am not sure if I can use mucinex while I use Suboxone.
- ER yesterday with severe abdominal pain with back pain and nausea. Have dbeen taking Mucinex for a couple of weeks for allergies. ER diagnosed diverticulitis (clear colonoscopy less than 6-months ago). Prescribed Cipro and flagyl.