Neurontin and Butrans drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Neurontin and Butrans together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Neurontin and Butrans. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 98 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
98 people who take Neurontin, Butrans are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Neurontin and Butrans?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNeurontin and Butrans from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from Neurontin 82,730 users)
Butrans has active ingredients of buprenorphine. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Butrans 25,800 users)
Interactions between Neurontin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Butrans and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Neurontin and Butransa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Neurontin (gabapentin) is often used to treat pain. Butrans (buprenorphine) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Neurontin is used in:
- Butrans is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Is Gabapentin advised for TBI patients with nerve pain ? Are there serious side effects that go along with this drug ?
- Does anyone else experience not only muscle spasms from Marijuana but also muscle stiffness and pain after the Marijuana wears off?
- It was a month ago that my doctor put me on Neurontin to deal with my nerve ending pain caused by multiple surgeries to my eye. Perhaps unrelated, I have an AI disease that is attacking my eyes (uveitis) and have had rather invasive surgeries to deal with its onslaught. I was told my last ...
- i had severe attack of pancreatius requiring a 3 day hospital stay.
- A bad fall in 2006. Required pain management MRIS, numerous tests and a cervical and lumbar surgery in 2007 to correct. Two Rear end car accidents while I was at a stop light. One in 2011 and one in 2015. I already had spinal stenosis and degenerative disc desease genetically passed on. Problems ...
User reviews to the study
- Just started 6th week on butrans 5mg transdermal thought I was going crazy forgetting words and mixing up names times days etc
- Hi, I have been using Butrans patches now for approx 2 years, I started in 10mcg and am now in 15mcg I now have 2 teeth that have crumble and 1 loose tooth, I suffer from Fibromyalgia Does anyone have this problem with their teeth?
- I was talking cinnamon and neuronin. I ended up having no neuronin in my system. I was in serious pain. I stopped taking the cinnamon and I have been feeling better. I had to start at the lowest dose. I was taking 800mg 3x a day. I am now taking 300mg 3x day. It's helping but it doesn't get rid ...
- I started taking Neurotin a month or so ago and now I have Eustachian Tube problems. My left ear pops some but it doesn't clear the clogged muffled feeling, like under water. In the past I took the time relief a few years and discontinued it once it wasn't needed anymore. Should I ...
- Been on butrans for 3 years. Started on 5mcg been up to 20 but now down to 20mcg plus painkillers. Do side effects ever get better? Doc says my body is saturated I'm shaking, sleepy, anxious you name it I have it. Can't come off as pain in back is chronic