Nexium and Imodium drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Nexium and Imodium together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Nexium and Imodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 993 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 11, 2017
993 people who take Nexium, Imodium are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Nexium and Imodium?
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Nexium 125,070 users)
Imodium has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from Imodium 18,808 users)
Interactions between Nexium and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Imodium and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Nexium and Imodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Imodium (loperamide hydrochloride) is often used to treat diarrhea. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Nexium is used in:
- Imodium is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Hello folks, I have take taken 4 lopermide tablets in a day to stop diarrhoea. After three days, I have got urinary retention and doctors used catheter to empty my bladder. How long it will take for my bladder to operate as usual? Is there any data on time to recover ? Thanks.
- Had an endoscopy today due to being anemic and 16 polyps were found in my stomach and removed. Size of the polyps were 10mm to 18mm. Have been on Nexium for 7 years for an ulcer. Has anyone had these size poplyps due to nexium?
- I have taken Nexium for over 10 years due to a Hiatal Hernia. Can't fix it without surgery. Luckily I am not having any side effects from the drug. I just wonder why I can't seem to lose weight easily. I eat a ketogenic diet and should be losing a little weight. I'm at 120 but would like to be ...
- Hot flashes any time of day. Cold hands and feet. Arthritis in hands feet. Joint discomfort
- Lower back pain with stress fractures in spine.woke up one morning &could not walk. Spent 1month in rehab.am in constant pain. Use a walker Will prolia help protect my bones.
You may be interested in these reviews
- Need help with a issue, I have been on Omeprazole for several years, I was changed over to the generic due to insurance purposes, but recently I have been taking it and have experienced this HORRIBLE metallic taste in my mouth , any suggestions and will it go away?
- I have been taking omeprazole for almost 6 years, in the last 3 years, I was changed to Esomeprazole and not had a problem at all , then just recently I have developed this AWFUL metallic taste, any ideas or information from others would be appreciated :)
- I just realised that maybe my elevated triglyceride levels could have something to do with nexium. I have scleroderma and take 40mg X 2 daily and consider my diet healthy and am in the healthy weight range so much as concerned about why...
- I have had mild acid reflux for about 6 months. I have quit drinking orange juice straight. It is now 50/50 with water. I started taking Nexium just last Saturday and have blood in the stool. Why does Nexium cause that? Thank you. RLN
- I've been on nexium for over a month and have been experiencing itching at times on my hands, feet, torso. It comes and goes. It's not been bad but it is disconcerting. I've also been experiencing swollen lips? Any comments?