Nyquil and Advil pm drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Nyquil and Advil pm together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Nyquil and Advil pm. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
3 people who take Nyquil, Advil pm are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Nyquil and Advil pm?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNyquil and Advil pm from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Nyquil has active ingredients of acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine. It is often used in common cold. (latest outcomes from Nyquil 717 users)
Advil pm has active ingredients of diphenhydramine citrate; ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Advil pm 936 users)
Interactions between Nyquil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Advil pm and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Nyquil and Advil pma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Nyquil (acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine) is often used to treat nasopharyngitis. Advil pm (diphenhydramine citrate; ibuprofen) is often used to treat sleep disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Nyquil is used in:
- Advil pm is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I just started taking 20mg xareleto for AFIB and have a hard time getting to sleep. Is it safe to take Nyquil with it? Thank you
- I take suboxone everyday I know that's not the reason I take advil pm most nights because I have insomnia & midol I take that time of the month. I only took zyvox for 3 days due to a uti infection & now all of a sudden I popped positive for thc on a urine screen for my drug classes. Is zyvox ...
User reviews to the study
- My wife is 37 and has no risk factors for a stroke. She took NyQuil for three nights in a row for a virus causing congestion problems and had a massive stroke. Has anyone experienced a stroke while taking NyQuil?
- I took NyQuil 2 weeks ago and I have had ringing in my ear since, I took 10 days worth of omoxycylin and it hasn't helped.... Help!
- I am considering taking these 2 together. I don't want to introduce myself. Am I looking down a horrible road if I do.
- I have take. Advil PM daily for probably close to a year to help with sleep. Read a recent study saying how bad it is for you. So I stopped taking it. First day no issues. Slept find. But by day 2 I was suffering from severe headache and nausea that lasted bad for 3 days. Felt like my head was ...
- I take NyQuil to help me sleep. But lately I have had severe pain like shocks in my feet and ankles. Any suggestions?