Nyquil and Paxil drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Nyquil and Paxil together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Nyquil and Paxil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 16, 2017
6 people who take Nyquil, Paxil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Nyquil and Paxil?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNyquil and Paxil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Nyquil has active ingredients of acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine. It is often used in common cold. (latest outcomes from Nyquil 717 users)
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 82,152 users)
Interactions between Nyquil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Paxil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Nyquil and Paxila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Nyquil (acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine) is often used to treat nasopharyngitis. Paxil (paroxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Nyquil is used in:
- Paxil is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I just started taking 20mg xareleto for AFIB and have a hard time getting to sleep. Is it safe to take Nyquil with it? Thank you
- I feel nauseated and having diarrhea and head aches behind my eyes mostly but some in the back of the head also
- Anyone have petechiae around ankles and after stopping paxil how long until it cleared?
- How long after I stop taking paxil will it take for my numbness to stop?
- I am on my 2nd month of Chantix and am experiencing nervousness. I fell jittery inside and my hands shake.
User reviews to the study
- I have been taking Paxil for years now (at least ten) and have lost a great deal of hair particularly on the crown and back of my head and up through the top. I used to have dense wavy/curly hair and now it very sparse. Has anyone had a similar experience and reversed their hair loss by ...
- Very interested in learning about the side affects that others taking these medications are experiencing.
- My name is Geraldine. I have afib and have been on Multaq 400 mg 2x a day for about 2 years. Recently my son passed away and I have been having a tough time dealing with his passing. I'm going through a mild depression. My Doctor is putting me on Paxil 10 mg once a day to take the edge off. I'm ...
- Hi, I have been taking 20 mg Paxil for years now for anxiety and panic and it has been helpful. I am now entering menopause and am having hot flashes, insomnia and my anxiety has ramped up a bit. I just purchased some Ashwaghanda 62.5 mg but I got nervous when I read the side of the bottle ...
- I take both these drugs and have been advised to get off paroxetine. I am trying to do just that. However, withdrawal is really tough, even with tapering. Decided to join this group for a bit of support!