Nyquil and Phenergan drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Nyquil and Phenergan together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Nyquil and Phenergan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 20, 2017
4 people who take Nyquil, Phenergan are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Nyquil and Phenergan?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNyquil and Phenergan from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Nyquil has active ingredients of acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine. It is often used in common cold. (latest outcomes from Nyquil 717 users)
Phenergan has active ingredients of promethazine hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. (latest outcomes from Phenergan 18,779 users)
Interactions between Nyquil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Phenergan and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Nyquil and Phenergana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Nyquil (acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine) is often used to treat nasopharyngitis. Phenergan (promethazine hydrochloride) is often used to treat nausea. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Nyquil is used in:
- Phenergan is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I just started taking 20mg xareleto for AFIB and have a hard time getting to sleep. Is it safe to take Nyquil with it? Thank you
- They gave me one dose in the hospital with pitocin. I have had heartburn since then. Could that be from the phenergen?
- I just had a heart ablation on feb 26 2015,been really sick at my stomache from anthesia,if I take a Phenergan will it make my heart go into fiblation
User reviews to the study
- My wife is 37 and has no risk factors for a stroke. She took NyQuil for three nights in a row for a virus causing congestion problems and had a massive stroke. Has anyone experienced a stroke while taking NyQuil?
- I took NyQuil 2 weeks ago and I have had ringing in my ear since, I took 10 days worth of omoxycylin and it hasn't helped.... Help!
- Hello. I have an 8year old daughter with Autism and after researching and taking several test to find the cause of her ADD and found that we don't have the gene and have another 6year old boy completely with no issues. The only difference between the 2 pregnancies is that with my daughter I was ...
- Hello everyone. I am a 58 year old female living in SW Virginia. I was hit crossing the street in 2003 and was unable to work until 2009. I worked at home taking cust service calls from Oct 2009 until October 2013. Was feeling good and no health issues except in 2012 I had surgery for carpal ...
- I have been taking 25mg sometimes 50mg to help me sleep on an off for years. Recently double vision in left eye. Ambulance. I thought I was having a stroke. Hospital adv optometrist who referred me to eye specialist. CT scan Monday. Blood test showed inflammation. Found this site and wondering ...