Omeprazole and Metformin drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Omeprazole and Metformin together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Omeprazole and Metformin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,019 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 19, 2017
13,019 people who take Omeprazole, Metformin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Omeprazole and Metformin?
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Omeprazole 174,658 users)
Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 198,499 users)
Interactions between Omeprazole and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Metformin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Omeprazole and Metformina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Omeprazole (omeprazole) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Metformin (metformin hydrochloride) is often used to treat diabetes. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Omeprazole is used in:
- Metformin is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Hi! 36 year old male, with chronic non bacterial prostatitis, and GERD. Changed my life in six months, new diet, exercises, and lost 40lbs...now weight 159 which is correct BMI :). However, prostatitis has been killing me for 4 months, no answers, no results from antibiotics, alpha blockers, ...
- Any helpful suggestions for reducing fluid retention?
- My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
- 10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
- Female aged 67 taking 100mcg levothyroxine daily for underactive thyroid plus daily aspirin for 4years. Recently prescribed formoterol fumarate inhaler (6 months ago) then Spiriva inhaler plus 40mg omeprazole a week ago. I booked a thyroid test 3 weeks ago because my under active symptoms ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- My lab work recently indicated that my carbon dioxide level is 32. I am diabetic (since 2006) and taking 500 milligrams of metformin daily.
- Hi, I take Prilosec need to take Blood pressure med Atenol also makes me nervous to do? How do you take your med doses , separate or together? I take Thyroid meds scared to take all these. Help
- one of my close relative female at the age 50 takes spironolactone since a long time.. recently she got pre diabetic. control the diabetic she takes Metformin.. need some information about how safe taking this to meditation. also, what is the good time to take them? is this 2 medication interact ...
- Had moderate dry mouth prior to starting Metformin, but much worse and disabling (especially sleep-I'm exhausted) during the time that I have been taking 500 mg daily Metformin. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks. Steve
- Im started having rls 3 months ago when taking omeprazole. The rls is worse than the ulcer symptoms. I quit Omeprazole but still have rls. Im wondering for how long cause its terrible