Omeprazole and Spironolactone drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Omeprazole and Spironolactone together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Omeprazole and Spironolactone. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,096 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
5,096 people who take Omeprazole, Spironolactone are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeOmeprazole and Spironolactone from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Omeprazole 181,311 users)
Spironolactone has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Spironolactone 49,297 users)
Interactions between Omeprazole and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Spironolactone and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Omeprazole and Spironolactonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Omeprazole (omeprazole) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Spironolactone (spironolactone) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Omeprazole is used in:
- Spironolactone is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Does omeprazole limit the effectiveness of ropinirole?
- I have taken one day of. Randantin and now one day of omiprozole 20mg. I was not aware of the interaction of probiotics. I have been drinking kiefer both days. Last night I was washing out a bottle of essential oil thieves and copiaba oil and got some on my hands. I had burning and elevated ...
- i was taking omeprazole from 2008 to 2017 when a pharmacist suggested that I should switch to something else. During this time I also was, and still am taking ramipril and celexa. Is there a way to ascertain if my poor word recall, memory issues, are a result of omeprazole. Now that I have ...
- Recently had a positive THC UA sample, does anyone have any information that validates this med can cause false positives?
- Hi! 36 year old male, with chronic non bacterial prostatitis, and GERD. Changed my life in six months, new diet, exercises, and lost 40lbs...now weight 159 which is correct BMI :). However, prostatitis has been killing me for 4 months, no answers, no results from antibiotics, alpha blockers, ...
User reviews to the study
- Hi all, I am a 34 year old female that has been on Omeprazole for a while now for frequent heartburn. Over the last 5 years, I have also been put on corticosteroids for various issues. 1 time was for a tendon issue, 1 time for severe allergic reaction and 1 time for bronchitis. The last time I ...
- I started experiencing severe joint and muscle pain soon after I started taking aldactone. Is this common?
- I take 2 spironolactone per day since Feb. It has helped to balance my blood pressure. The only ptoblem is, dry throat. This is particularly hard for me because I am a musical performer and teacher. I sing 3 hours per day on the average and I'm 60 years old. I want to keep my voice...and I like ...
- Hi, I take Prilosec need to take Blood pressure med Atenol also makes me nervous to do? How do you take your med doses , separate or together? I take Thyroid meds scared to take all these. Help
- one of my close relative female at the age 50 takes spironolactone since a long time.. recently she got pre diabetic. control the diabetic she takes Metformin.. need some information about how safe taking this to meditation. also, what is the good time to take them? is this 2 medication interact ...