Oxycontin and Nyquil drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Oxycontin and Nyquil together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Oxycontin and Nyquil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 16, 2017
5 people who take Oxycontin, Nyquil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Oxycontin and Nyquil?
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Oxycontin 62,209 users)
Nyquil has active ingredients of acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine. It is often used in common cold. (latest outcomes from Nyquil 659 users)
Interactions between Oxycontin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Nyquil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Oxycontin and Nyquila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Oxycontin (oxycodone hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Nyquil (acetaminophen / dextromethorphan / doxylamine / pseudoephedrine) is often used to treat nasopharyngitis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Oxycontin is used in:
- Nyquil is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Had scary hallucinations from flexeril, just started it two days ago. Antidepressants also caused this.
- I WAS TOLD BY A QUALIFIED MEDICAL OFFICIAL THAT THE SUICIDE RATES FOR MY CONDITION WERE HIGH , ......THIS MADE ME LAUGH ....WHY AT THE TIME I DIDN'T KNOW WHY I FOUND IT FUNNY ..... I THINK BECAUSE I ALREADY KNEW THIS ......ANY THOUGHTS ON WHY STATE SUCH AN ABSURD FACT AFTER JUST BEING ...
- I am taking oxycontin, oxycodone, cymbalta, lyrica, and now vistaril. Does anyone know what the vistaril will do for my pain? What I found about Vistaril is that it's an antihistamine? My chronic pain seems to worsen, doctors can't tell me what's wrong with me. I've gone through physical ...
- Started having acid reflux when I mixed diabetes meds with Oxycontinin.
You may be interested in these reviews
- My wife is 37 and has no risk factors for a stroke. She took NyQuil for three nights in a row for a virus causing congestion problems and had a massive stroke. Has anyone experienced a stroke while taking NyQuil?
- I took NyQuil 2 weeks ago and I have had ringing in my ear since, I took 10 days worth of omoxycylin and it hasn't helped.... Help!
- Hi everyone, Thank you for letting me join your group. My name is Mary, (Mary1016), the major illnesses I suffer with is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome/RSD, small fiber peripheral neuropathy diagnosed with biopsy two weeks ago. I was told the neuropathy was already severe and the thing to do ...
- Taking 150mg Effexor and 80mg OxyContin per day for over 8 years. Prescribed for ptsd while on active duty. Kept it going after retirement but I need to get off both. I want to feel myself again. I have started doing it on Effexor and this weekend I'm starting down on the OxyContin. Welcome ...
- I am considering taking these 2 together. I don't want to introduce myself. Am I looking down a horrible road if I do.