Oxycontin and Subutex drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Oxycontin and Subutex together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Oxycontin and Subutex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 93 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 14, 2017
93 people who take Oxycontin, Subutex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeOxycontin and Subutex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Oxycontin has active ingredients of oxycodone hydrochloride. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Oxycontin 63,089 users)
Subutex has active ingredients of buprenorphine hydrochloride. It is often used in opiate withdrawal. (latest outcomes from Subutex 5,365 users)
Interactions between Oxycontin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Subutex and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Oxycontin and Subutexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Oxycontin (oxycodone hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Subutex (buprenorphine hydrochloride) is often used to treat drug dependence. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Oxycontin is used in:
- Subutex is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Can i take pregabalin & subatex together can you let me if it is safe???...THANKS
- I'm 58 I have emphysema and osteoporosis chronic pain haven't had my tabs in a couple weeks been on them for 16 years would it be okay to take a low dose of subutex would it help me or be harmful
- Hi. Can you take buspar aswell as taking subutex?..
- Had scary hallucinations from flexeril, just started it two days ago. Antidepressants also caused this.
- Can subutex help my parkinsons?someone told me that I should try it but still not sure
User reviews to the study
- I am from Norway and 41 years old. I have been using Subutex every day for 19 years, and I was wondering if there are any users here with more than 10 years of use with this particular pill. My reason for asking is that a lot of things started happening after at least 10 years passed, now I am ...
- My son, 37, is on Subutex and Metoprolol Succinate ER. He has been on the Subutex for over a year and the Metoprolol he started last night. He has been in a panic attack all day today, which is highly unusual for him. He did find out earlier today that he may not be able to get Subutex due to a ...
- Hi everyone, Thank you for letting me join your group. My name is Mary, (Mary1016), the major illnesses I suffer with is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome/RSD, small fiber peripheral neuropathy diagnosed with biopsy two weeks ago. I was told the neuropathy was already severe and the thing to do ...
- I've been on subutex for 7 years now and venlafaxine for 5 years I have mixed feelings about them as I do feel they helped save my life at the time they were prescribed to me but I'm convinced they're also what's stopping me living a normal productive life now. Love/hate relationship.
- Taking 150mg Effexor and 80mg OxyContin per day for over 8 years. Prescribed for ptsd while on active duty. Kept it going after retirement but I need to get off both. I want to feel myself again. I have started doing it on Effexor and this weekend I'm starting down on the OxyContin. Welcome ...