Paxil and Azilect drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Paxil and Azilect together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Paxil and Azilect. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 32 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 21, 2017
32 people who take Paxil, Azilect are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Paxil and Azilect?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePaxil and Azilect from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 82,152 users)
Azilect has active ingredients of rasagiline mesylate. It is often used in parkinson's disease. (latest outcomes from Azilect 4,026 users)
Interactions between Paxil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Azilect and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Paxil and Azilecta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Paxil (paroxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Azilect (rasagiline mesylate) is often used to treat parkinson's disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Paxil is used in:
- Azilect is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- I feel nauseated and having diarrhea and head aches behind my eyes mostly but some in the back of the head also
- Anyone have petechiae around ankles and after stopping paxil how long until it cleared?
- How long after I stop taking paxil will it take for my numbness to stop?
- I am on my 2nd month of Chantix and am experiencing nervousness. I fell jittery inside and my hands shake.
- I've been on Paxil for 20 years and currently at 20mg. It is not working as well anymore so my doc is switching me to 60mg Cymbalta. Doc wants me to stop Paxil completely and jump right into 60mg Cymbalta rather than starting Cymbalta lower and weening down Paxil. I am worried about ...
User reviews to the study
- I have been taking Paxil for years now (at least ten) and have lost a great deal of hair particularly on the crown and back of my head and up through the top. I used to have dense wavy/curly hair and now it very sparse. Has anyone had a similar experience and reversed their hair loss by ...
- Very interested in learning about the side affects that others taking these medications are experiencing.
- My name is Geraldine. I have afib and have been on Multaq 400 mg 2x a day for about 2 years. Recently my son passed away and I have been having a tough time dealing with his passing. I'm going through a mild depression. My Doctor is putting me on Paxil 10 mg once a day to take the edge off. I'm ...
- Hi, I have been taking 20 mg Paxil for years now for anxiety and panic and it has been helpful. I am now entering menopause and am having hot flashes, insomnia and my anxiety has ramped up a bit. I just purchased some Ashwaghanda 62.5 mg but I got nervous when I read the side of the bottle ...
- I take both these drugs and have been advised to get off paroxetine. I am trying to do just that. However, withdrawal is really tough, even with tapering. Decided to join this group for a bit of support!