Paxil and Hydroxyzine drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Paxil and Hydroxyzine together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Paxil and Hydroxyzine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 334 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 19, 2017
334 people who take Paxil, Hydroxyzine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Paxil and Hydroxyzine?
Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 81,412 users)
Hydroxyzine has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Hydroxyzine 15,998 users)
Interactions between Paxil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Hydroxyzine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Paxil and Hydroxyzinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Paxil (paroxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Hydroxyzine (hydroxyzine hydrochloride) is often used to treat itching. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Paxil is used in:
- Hydroxyzine is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- Anyone have petechiae around ankles and after stopping paxil how long until it cleared?
- How long after I stop taking paxil will it take for my numbness to stop?
- I am on my 2nd month of Chantix and am experiencing nervousness. I fell jittery inside and my hands shake.
- I need to know of anyone has taken these together and what the side effects are? I seem to not remember much of what happens after I take these. It is a weird feeling.
- I've been on Paxil for 20 years and currently at 20mg. It is not working as well anymore so my doc is switching me to 60mg Cymbalta. Doc wants me to stop Paxil completely and jump right into 60mg Cymbalta rather than starting Cymbalta lower and weening down Paxil. I am worried about ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- Hi, I have been taking 20 mg Paxil for years now for anxiety and panic and it has been helpful. I am now entering menopause and am having hot flashes, insomnia and my anxiety has ramped up a bit. I just purchased some Ashwaghanda 62.5 mg but I got nervous when I read the side of the bottle ...
- I find myself agitated easily and getting angry with my dog for no good reason, then feel guilty. Hydroxyzine does help my sleeping better though. Looking for tips to help with the anger.
- I take both these drugs and have been advised to get off paroxetine. I am trying to do just that. However, withdrawal is really tough, even with tapering. Decided to join this group for a bit of support!
- I take both these drugs. After multiple bi-lateral PEs, I am now reducing dosage of paroxetine from 20mgs a day. Currently on 10mgs a day, and already suffering mild depression and anxiety.
- I've been taking hydrazine to sleep for the past 6 months. But more recently I've been having these migraine headaches and I think they're related to the hydroxyzine any opinions???