Penicillin and Carbamazepine drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Penicillin and Carbamazepine together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Penicillin and Carbamazepine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
7 people who take Penicillin, Carbamazepine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Penicillin and Carbamazepine?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePenicillin and Carbamazepine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Penicillin has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Penicillin 3,000 users)
Carbamazepine has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Carbamazepine 23,648 users)
Interactions between Penicillin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Carbamazepine and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Penicillin and Carbamazepinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Penicillin (penicillin g potassium) is often used to treat infection. Carbamazepine (carbamazepine) is often used to treat epilepsy. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Penicillin is used in:
- Carbamazepine is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- My doctors recently lowered my Carbamazepine because increased toxicity levels. Then my Psychiatrist added Abilify recently. All the sudden I'm weak and had side pain. I went to my general doctor and she wanted me rushed to the hospital because of low sodium levels in my body and this just ...
- I am a USMC Vet that had penicillin shots multiple times during boot. Has anyone here received multiple penicillin shots and are now diagnosed with AS?
- I have been taking a combination of medications for several disorders tha I suffer from. I am concerned because I have a friend with tardive dyskinesia which she believes she got from taking Xanax, and my great grandmother had it also, but I have no idea the medications she was on at that time. ...
- I'm 16 and a virgin so therefore I am not pregnant On september after my period I ended up at the ER due to vomiting and a Urinary Tract Infection and now I missed my period I was suppose to get it the 1st of this month on the second week I stained myself and it was blood and then the next day ...
- I have very bad tooth infection and my dentist told me to take penicillin can I take it I'm worried that gonna interact with the pep drugs
User reviews to the study
- I have been diagnosed with bacterial meningitis and have been taking both doxycycline and penicillin for the past several weeks. My hair began falling out about a month before going on these antibiotics.
- Im taking penicillin tablets and since taking them I have had alot of sweating issues like I'll ramdomly start sweating or when I wake up im all wet and sweaty
- Day 2 of taking penicillin, and I'm not sure what to expect. It's only a 1 week supply, but 2,000 mg a day sounds like a lot.
- I have been taking penicillin (Pen VK) 250 mg every day as a prophylaxis against cellulitis (secondary to lymphedema) for the past 12 years. I have had a persistent cough and clearing of the throat for the last 10 years. Recently, I was tested for GERD, but that seems to be negative; my lungs ...
- I take Carbamazaphine for TN on the right side and it does help but I have now started experiencing problems on my left side. I've had a root canal. It's a constant tooth ache. Similar to TN on the right but different in so many ways. I have often wondered if the meds are causing other tooth ...