Penicillin and Methotrexate drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Penicillin and Methotrexate together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Penicillin and Methotrexate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 45 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 09, 2017
45 people who take Penicillin, Methotrexate are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Penicillin and Methotrexate?
Penicillin has active ingredients of penicillin g potassium. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Penicillin 2,859 users)
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate 226,881 users)
Interactions between Penicillin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Methotrexate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Penicillin and Methotrexatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Penicillin (penicillin g potassium) is often used to treat infection. Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Penicillin is used in:
- Methotrexate is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I am a USMC Vet that had penicillin shots multiple times during boot. Has anyone here received multiple penicillin shots and are now diagnosed with AS?
- I'm 16 and a virgin so therefore I am not pregnant On september after my period I ended up at the ER due to vomiting and a Urinary Tract Infection and now I missed my period I was suppose to get it the 1st of this month on the second week I stained myself and it was blood and then the next day ...
- I started a low dose (10 mg) of methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis last week and noticed this week, after taking my second does, that my face is breaking out. Does anyone have any similar experiences? I also take 5 mg of folic acid daily. Thanks for any help you can offer up.
- Not sure what where to go with this. I have fibromyalgia and relapsing polchondritus also a disability from va.. I have my flares mostly under control. As well as what to do when they become apparent. After many years on pharmaceuticals I went a different direction. With medical marijauna. ...
- Hi there, My names Adele I am 41 and have RA. I had my Gall Bladder removed in March of this year due to stones and constant infections. 2 years ago I stopped taking MTX subcutaneous and unfortunately my RA has progressed to a point I have (today) re-started these. I have headache, nausea and ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- I am 72 year old woman about to Take 12.5 mg of methotrexate once week and 40 mg of Lipitor daily . Anyone have side effects from this dosage?
- Day 2 of taking penicillin, and I'm not sure what to expect. It's only a 1 week supply, but 2,000 mg a day sounds like a lot.
- Hi there, I have advanced RH, no medications for over past 12 years. Had an extreme flare up a few months back so went to rheumatologist who has prescribed 10 mg methotrexate, weekly and daily palquil, 5mg prednisone and 2x weekly folic acid. I have been on them nearly 3 months now. This ...
- Just came off methotrexate as it doesn't make me feel the same as I was before taking it! Also current urine infections
- Ive been taking methatrexate for 7 months 20mg as a single weekly dose,....This was upped to 30mg as it didn't seem to be working as well as expected,...Iv'e only taken the 30mg dose twice then cut it back myself because of increasing breathlessness to 20mg again,...I ...