Pepcid and Zantac drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Pepcid and Zantac together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Pepcid and Zantac. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,029 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 15, 2017
1,029 people who take Pepcid, Zantac are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Pepcid and Zantac?
Pepcid has active ingredients of famotidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Pepcid 29,613 users)
Zantac has active ingredients of ranitidine hydrochloride. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Zantac 50,663 users)
Interactions between Pepcid and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Zantac and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Pepcid and Zantaca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Pepcid (famotidine) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Zantac (ranitidine hydrochloride) is often used to treat indigestion. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Pepcid is used in:
- Zantac is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- If I already have bad anxiety/panic attacks will this medication make it worse? They prescribed me Famotidine 40 mg..should I take it?
- After taking 300mg of ranitidine at bedtime for a month for silent reflux,lpr, I began having mid range back pain under left shoulder blade area. Anyone else have back pain with this medication?
- I want to probiotics rather then Pepsid need to know if that is ok
- I have used Zantac or the generic for 21 years. About 2 months ago I developed pain ranging from my left temple area down to my upper neck. Doctor put me on antibiotic thinking ear infection but with no affect at all after used up antibiotic. Now, doctor is ordering an expensive ct scan and I ...
- Hello Everybody ! This is the part of my day of which I'm feeling much better ! Thusly, I would not feel up to sharing and I ust say that I have a loving feeling as this is my first club ! Now, the bad part. My Dr told me as I was leaving the hospital a couple months back, and as I yelled to ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- I had the weight loss surgery duodenal switch on Feb 20, 2003. I have a lot of nutrient deficiencies from that as well as having thyroid disease and gerd. I am looking to get healthy!
- I have my blood glucose under control 125-130 fasting (7 AM) Yesterday my wife gave me a Pepcid 150 at 8 PM. Today in fasting (7 AM) it went up to 197.
- I have not only lost my sense of taste but my sense of smell as well. Does this seem to be permanent for most?
- I have just found a link to join this group for the reason that my blood cholesterol levels have increased so much since being on ranitidine
- Having really bad problems with acid rebound when trying to withdraw from zantac, which is making my hair fall out Could do with advice and support . Thanks