Phenytoin and Vimpat drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Phenytoin and Vimpat together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Phenytoin and Vimpat. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 79 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 04, 2017
79 people who take Phenytoin, Vimpat are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Phenytoin and Vimpat?
Phenytoin has active ingredients of phenytoin. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Phenytoin 12,328 users)
Vimpat has active ingredients of lacosamide. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Vimpat 6,849 users)
Interactions between Phenytoin and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Vimpat and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Phenytoin and Vimpata b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Phenytoin (phenytoin) is often used to treat convulsion. Vimpat (lacosamide) is often used to treat epilepsy. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Phenytoin is used in:
- Vimpat is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I just started vimpat does the vimpat control my electric shocks while causing a depression for being bipolar.
- Hello, I need to know for people with epilepsy who take vimpat is it possible for the psychotic disorder to appear gradually? The person I am talking about is 31 and she is also in the period of depakine withdraw. I don t know if I should take her for psyhiatric treatement or try to reduce ...
- I am the mother of a 34 year old son who had a seizure on June 13 2015. He previously had a traumatic brain injury in 2000 and has been living with us ever since. He takes Depakote for mood disorders but up until June had never had a seizure ever. Due to an infection from a surgical procedure ...
- I have seizures and they have not found out why. I had a second mri when they found I had a bone lesion on my skull. I had to wait a year to find get the money for a bone marrow biopsy to confirm the diagnosis of multiple myeloma. I had a stem cell transplant and achieved remission. I then ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- I was taking vimpat and had where my vision was blurry and was seeing double. After-that, I got where I couldn't stand up without falling down. It finally wore off after a few hours. I found it helped eating with it. The other day I had something like I never did before. I never blanked ...
- I have swollen painful Lymph nodes everywhere and it started shortly after I started taking Vimpat anyone else?
- Hi I lost my mother who was on vimpat for only 2 months and had sudden death for the 2 months she was really moody
- Benign brain tumor, gamma knife, now epilepsy and been taking Vimpat 200mg twice per day. Appreciate your website.
- I would be interested in any comments from someone who is taking this drug and has IBS. I feel my IBS has gotten worse since beginning Vimpat, I have only been on it 6 weeks. I had a lot of side effects right away, but they seem to gradually be decreasing. My doctor started me at 300 mg. per ...