Plaquenil and Enbrel drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Plaquenil and Enbrel together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Plaquenil and Enbrel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,588 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
8,588 people who take Plaquenil, Enbrel are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Plaquenil and Enbrel?
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePlaquenil and Enbrel from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from Plaquenil 33,464 users)
Enbrel has active ingredients of etanercept. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Enbrel 425,311 users)
Interactions between Plaquenil and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Enbrel and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Plaquenil and Enbrela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Enbrel (etanercept) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Plaquenil is used in:
- Enbrel is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Is it safe to take plaquenil, Vinicius, and amlodipine with chaotic?
- I have been taking 10 mg of prednisone and 200 mg of celebrex, and 50 mg of metoprolol daily for seventeen years. I also take 80 mg of atorvastatin and 200 mg of lamotrigine, 40 mg of pantoprazole and a 81 mg aspirin daily. A year ago I suffered eight seizures. I have strong mood swings, ...
- Has anyone experienced excitability with heart racing and chest pain on enbrel. Have stopped the drug but it still continues once in awhile along with stomach pain and nausea. Been off it for 1 month today.
- Has anyone experienced any side effects of taking rifampin 600mg and Plaquenil together.
- I recently started gabapentin for nerve pain and fibromyalgia however have been taking plaquinel for years for arthritis. My question is, do I really need both? I have researched and found gabapentin can be used for many conditions including arthritis. I also know you don't have to ween off of ...
User reviews to the study
- Hi, I have been on Enbrel for 14 weeks and my hair is already falling out. I am not happy. Because my system developed anti-bodies against Humira after 9 years and Methotrexate caused liver damage I have been taken off both. Never experienced hair loss with those drugs.
- Hi my name is Sheri i am a new member here and would like to introduce myself.i am 49 and have RA .i am currently diagnosed and started 300 mg of plaquinil. And now am having a horrible metallic taste in my mouth....Does anybody else experience this and is it normal.Does it go away. Does anyone ...
- Hello Everyone! I just started Enbrel 8 weeks ago and am experiencing many side effects and just want to feel comfortable discussing them with others who understand. Thank you!
- I take Enbrel, Mthotrexate and Prednisone and have just this afternoon been diagnosed with lymphona. Needless to say, I am scared out of my mind. A biopsy is scheduled for Monday, May 15 and will have the results by Wednesday May 16.
- My son was diagnosed with MCTD (Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder) form of Lupus at the age of 10. He was put on Plaquenil and remained on it for 10 years. He had a relatively normal childhood and teenage years. Now fast forward at the age of 23 he was experiencing psychotic episodes where he ...