Prednisone and Methotrexate drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Prednisone and Methotrexate together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Prednisone and Methotrexate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 44,375 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 14, 2017
44,375 people who take Prednisone, Methotrexate are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you take Prednisone and Methotrexate?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePrednisone and Methotrexate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 254,075 users)
Methotrexate has active ingredients of methotrexate sodium. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Methotrexate 234,877 users)
Interactions between Prednisone and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Methotrexate and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Prednisone and Methotrexatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Prednisone (prednisone) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Prednisone is used in:
- Methotrexate is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- Can I take apple cidar vinegar with prednizone and antibiotics??????
- Hi, I started on methotrexate approx 2mths ago to help with my rheumatoid condition Ankylosing Spondylitis. I also take Sulphasalazine and pre gabalin and have done since diagnosis 2.5yrs ago. Since starting in the methotrexate I have started to suffer with some unpleasant symptoms around ...
- I'm 57 and had a bad case of shingles 7/4/17 for 3 days before we were to leave for a family vacation I had been having pain in my lower right leg on the outside of it that worsened overtime to the point I wasn't going to go, but my husband convinced me to go. To make it short I had to be ...
- I recently began using prednisone and am having very strange and sometimes frightening dreams. Does anyone else experience this?
- My vision isn't the best to begin with but it seems like since I got on prednisone and lialda its gotten so much worse. Everything is so fuzzy. I cannot see anything. Should I consider switching medications?
User reviews to the study
- In April 2017, I developed blood clots in my left leg which was discovered after I had been diagnosed with multiple pulmonary embolisms. I was encouraged by my Rheumatologist to take prednisone to decrease the pain & imflammation I was experiencing from spinal stenosis last Oct. 2016. I had had ...
- Hi I was already using garcinia Cambogia and was then diagnosed with an auto immune disease that required me to take 50mg to start of prednisone or go blind. I will be gradually tapering my dosage to 20mgs in the next two mths. I'don't stopped taking garcinia for two weeks and I look like a ...
- It's been years since I've taken Methotrexate and when I was taking it years ago I had the numbness in my feet. Years later, it has returned and they're not sure what is the reason for my neuropathy. This time it's also in my hands. I took it for arthritis but now the military and the VA are ...
- My blood clot goes from my groin to my ankle on my right leg. My PE in 50 % in both lungs. The 50% came from my doctor and I am not sure exactly what that means.
- Hi everyone. I've been on methotrexate for about 10 years for psoriatic arthritis. My friends and family think it's funny how I'm always sweaty and hot when everyone else is comfortable or even cold. I, however, do not find it so funny that while sitting at a restaurant I start literally ...