Prilosec and Ativan drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Prilosec and Ativan together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Prilosec and Ativan. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,396 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 14, 2017
3,396 people who take Prilosec, Ativan are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Prilosec and Ativan?
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Prilosec 84,885 users)
Ativan has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Ativan 49,451 users)
Interactions between Prilosec and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Ativan and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Prilosec and Ativana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Prilosec (omeprazole) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Ativan (lorazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Prilosec is used in:
- Ativan is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I have kidney cysts on each kidney. I had stone surgery. I was wondering if the medicine Prilosec is the cause.
- I had three Dermatofibromas that took 10 years to develop. However, within the last four months (when I started taking Prilosec daily), I'm now up to 15. I have read that when you have more than 15 DF's and they are developing within a short period of time, that qualifies as Multiple ...
- Any ides what I should be taking for the combination of symptoms I am having with CMT, anxiety,and mycloic seizures - been prescribed zopiclone and ativan but not working. Any ideas what meds work?
- when i start falling asleep i feel like im dreaming and awake at the same time. I feel like i;m thrashing and something is holding me down. This started when i began taking the antabuse with the amitriptyline. I wake up very early and am exhausted. Iwonder if this is a bad combination
- Dizziness, tired, bad thoughts, tired, can't sleep more than a few hours.
You may be interested in these reviews
- My mother suffers with gastroparysis and has been on Ativan for over 10 yrs..she is addicted to Ativan and her symptoms are getting worse . Is there a corrolation between the two
- I have been taking Prilosec for several years. For approximately one month, I have experienced episodes of intermittent feelings that feel like my heart is fluttering, throughout the day. Haven't contacted my doctor about it yet. Read an article today, suggesting that it may be caused by ...
- Have been on Ativan for many years. Just a small dosage but had varicose vein surgery which has left me with a dry tongue problem. Still taking the Ativan but stopped all other medication. Am wondering now if it is the Ativan causing this problem?
- I was told several years that I am a Long QT carrier. But, lately I've had some issues thstvsentvme to the Dr. Found out it was a few meds that I was taking thstvwas causing my problems ( Claritin, Benadryl, etc. am in the process of elimination of meds I can and can not take. I take 1/2 ...
- Hi. I have been on lorazepam for anxiety for over 25 years. Doing well . No problems with the drug. My cholesterol is high..240 mg I do not take anticholesterol drugs. Just the doctor prescribed Omega 3 in fish oil capsules