Prilosec and Flagyl drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Prilosec and Flagyl together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Prilosec and Flagyl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 778 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 17, 2017
778 people who take Prilosec, Flagyl are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Prilosec and Flagyl?
Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Prilosec 84,885 users)
Flagyl has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from Flagyl 15,992 users)
Interactions between Prilosec and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Flagyl and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Prilosec and Flagyla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Prilosec (omeprazole) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Flagyl (metronidazole) is often used to treat crohn's disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Prilosec is used in:
- Flagyl is used in:
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
- I have kidney cysts on each kidney. I had stone surgery. I was wondering if the medicine Prilosec is the cause.
- I had three Dermatofibromas that took 10 years to develop. However, within the last four months (when I started taking Prilosec daily), I'm now up to 15. I have read that when you have more than 15 DF's and they are developing within a short period of time, that qualifies as Multiple ...
- Scan shows I have an incomplete abortion Ihave been given the above drugs I want to know if the above drugs can be taken together.
- Took flagyl by mouth 400mg 3xday, began to have tiny air bubbles escaping from urethra, as well as urine leakage. It all started with the flagyl.
- Recently diagnosed with Sjogrens disease in May, 2015. Have been on a maintenance dose of lamictal for 2 years. Began the pilocarpine in May, 2015. REcently in the past month developed the bloating, constipation. I have had endoscopy and esophagram procedures with no issues reported. Any help or ...
You may be interested in these reviews
- Having surgery and two days now blood sugar is 40 taking flagyl and cipro for abscess infection. I was not told that both medications will cause these side effects.
- I have been taking Prilosec for several years. For approximately one month, I have experienced episodes of intermittent feelings that feel like my heart is fluttering, throughout the day. Haven't contacted my doctor about it yet. Read an article today, suggesting that it may be caused by ...
- Well my name is Jeremy. Been on prilosec for 4-5 years and I've started to experience kidney stones.
- I have been taking Prilosec daily (after attempting to obliterate small intestinal bacterial overgrowth - SIBO - with antibiotics) since last November, for approximately four months. Prilosec has brought me a lot of relief as far as controlling stomach pains, acid reflux and ...
- I've been taking prilosec per Dr. prescription for 1 year. I had a week with finger and toe and calf cramping then it went away(mostly). How can I prevent it from coming back?